Thread: is this to do with shedding?

mim

Default is this to do with shedding?

ok so oki had this first and now willow has aswell. oki had this problem ages ago and i was unsure of wot it was. he seemed to has a loss of skin on his back but it didnt seem to bother him and it healed but ever since then he seems to get this dark patch on his back. now willow has it aswell. is it to do with them shedding? they are still pretty young (only born last yr). im not sure at wot age they start to shed. iv never found any skin in the tank or water bowl and never seen them pullin off dead skin. any help would b great. the first pic is oki second is willow. cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: is this to do with shedding?

I don’t know about the dark spots, but as for shedding you won’t find the skin, they eat it. My Grey Tree Frogs shed at least a couple times a month as far as I have seen, may be much more. I’m sure someone who has WTF will respond with more information on the skin condition.

mim

Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    I don’t know about the dark spots, but as for shedding you won’t find the skin, they eat it. My Grey Tree Frogs shed at least a couple times a month as far as I have seen, may be much more. I’m sure someone who has WTF will respond with more information on the skin condition.
    ok cool i didnt know that. i wasnt too sure if there were too young to be shedding but i have seen oki 'yawnin' lots which i have been told is to do with shedding so im assumin these dark spots are aswell. wen i first noticed oki had this on his head he had like a flappy bit of skin around the edge of the dark bit and it looked like his skin had been peeled off. looked too raw to be shedding but it didnt seem to bother him. thanks for the info tho, i learned somethin new lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The "yawning" is a sure sign of shedding. With that you should also see them rubbing themselves. As they "rub" themselves they are pulling the skin into their mouth. It's quite fascinating how these creatures were created.
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    ok cool i didnt know that. i wasnt too sure if there were too young to be shedding but i have seen oki 'yawnin' lots which i have been told is to do with shedding so im assumin these dark spots are aswell. wen i first noticed oki had this on his head he had like a flappy bit of skin around the edge of the dark bit and it looked like his skin had been peeled off. looked too raw to be shedding but it didnt seem to bother him. thanks for the info tho, i learned somethin new lol

mim

Quote Originally Posted by kueluck View Post
    The "yawning" is a sure sign of shedding. With that you should also see them rubbing themselves. As they "rub" themselves they are pulling the skin into their mouth. It's quite fascinating how these creatures were created.
    iv never seen them rubbing themselves. this is why im so confused lol. the first time i saw oki yawning i had no idea wot it was and thought he was dying! iv only seen willow yawn once. they dont seem distressed at all. oki is generally lazy and not overly active which is usual for him. willow is her usual self, last night she came to pose for her photo lol. just wanted to know if anyone else has spotted these dark spots whilst their frogs are shedding?

Thread Information