Thread: Never loved any pet more

En333

Default Never loved any pet more

In memory of Kirby...
    Attached Images Attached Images            

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

En333

I wish new what was coming and could've stopped it. I had so much planned for him, the new cage was so close. He was gonna have a brother. He was going to go to college with me. I figured out he was a boy.

I don't know what to do now.... Im not sure if I could get another frog. I thought a frog would be one of those "oh no its dead, well that's too bad..." pets. Kirby wasn't. I did so much and tried so hard. I stayed up late taking pics, researching, watching vids, when I should be asleep. I could have texted people... But I loved him so much. So so so much. :'(

I don't want to talk about his conditions right now, but when I can, can someone please tell me what happened?

Thank you everyone that has helped me, given me advice, just been my friend.

I sound really dramatic and emotional right now but it's because I am... I feel like a drama king lol :')

These next few days are gonna be rough haha :/

rip :'(

En333

I just showed you a pic of me (not a good one lol) so here's me for those who were wondering

Gray and red sweater is me
    Me in front
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Never loved any pet more

aww, poor Kirby - sorry for your loss Ian. I'm sure there are many happy days ahead for you and a new friend (if/when you are ready). RIP Kirby!

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

I am soo sorry to hear that Ian!!! I always get sad when I hear these things . At least you gave Kirby a loving home!! I hope you cheer up soon....it's no fun being sad, especially when you loose a friend!
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

En333

Thanks guys :/

Nationality
    [United States]

I am so sorry Ian. I really wish that there was more we could have done to help. From here we can only advise and try to help diagnose what's wrong. The hurt you feel is perfectly natural when a loved one is lost. These are not just frogs to us. They are friends, they are family members. They were and are loved by us. Don't give up because Kirby is gone because he is not. His memory lives on in you and in his photos. When you are ready you will try again with another frog. It would be best to wait of course. Kirby can't be replaced but atleast there will be another out ther that needs a home and perhaps you will be the one to give the frog a good one. Once again I am so sorry Ian.

En333

Ok here's some things that could've gone wrong, and I hate myself for doing:

Didn't get water conditioner until about 4 months

Fed weekly
    Dusted cricked once every 2-3 feedings or so

Day temp 75
    Night temp 63

Humidity always around 60

Used coco fiber
    Then frog moss
    Then frog moss on top of coco fiber

Replenished water daily to 2 days sometimes

Handled only when necessary

Didn't get him a day light lamp until December

I can't think of anything else....

I miss him :'(

En333

Anyone know what could have happened?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Awww. I'm sorry. What a cutie he was.

I've lost quite a few pets over the years, and I know the first month or so is always the worst. In time, you'll heal, promise.
    I have a frog. She's fat and green. Her name is Gertrude, because she is fat and green.

Nationality
    [Canada]

I am very sorry to hear about Kirby. It sounds like he was loved very much! He was lucky to have you!

En333

Thanks that really brings up my spirits

Nationality
    [United States]

The only things on your list that may have contributed to his illness would be not using a water conditioner/he should have been fed daily to everyother day/temps could stand to be higher at 79 to 80 during the day/moss can be bad if they ingest it causing impaction/a day lamp could have helped raise day temps. I think 63 may be too cold 70 to 75 may be better.

Cram yourself with research it is a must before even owning a frog. You are already in the right place to learn what you need and we are all here to help you. He was beautiful Ian. I'm very sorry.

En333

When I said he was fed weekly I meant each Monday I gave him 15 crickets and he would hunt throughout the week. And btw I did about 2 months if research b4 I got him. I thought the only thing that might have contributed was his water problem. I thought his temps were fine cuz that's what everyone else said was ok..... I looked up temps everywhere online

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by En333 View Post
    When I said he was fed weekly I meant each Monday I gave him 15 crickets and he would hunt throughout the week. And btw I did about 2 months if research b4 I got him. I thought the only thing that might have contributed was his water problem. I thought his temps were fine cuz that's what everyone else said was ok..... I looked up temps everywhere online
    The temps probably were ok. Sometimes higher temps helps. Whites can handle 80, but I wouldn't keep them there long. So he was fed once a week? Young frogs should be offered food daily to every other day. Even if you offered 15 at one time for only on day most of them probably died. The best way for these frogs is the glass bowl feeding. So many food items in with him at once could have stressed him, but its not your fault. Sometimes these things. Happen.

En333

Ppl told me it was easy and fine for the frogs. Thanks a lot "ppl"

Nationality
    [United States]

I checked the care article to be sure. It says they need day temps around 85 degrees which I thought may have been a little high but I guess not judging by where they are from. Your night temps should have been a little higher than 63 because that's the lowest that they can bare not ideal. I glad you researched first. A lot of people do not which is a mistake. I'm going to stop talking about this though. I do not wish to upset you further.

Take care Ian.

En333

It's not upsetting I do thank you for caring I guess I know what to do next time... If there is one

En333

Well I can't I can't sit here complaining. Kirby's gone. I accept it. He will never be replaced or forgotten. So brings up next question....

What next? Do I get another frog? What kind? A lizard? I don't want a mammal or fish. I want something that isnt "desert". Any kind suggestions? Thanks!

I'm trying to be happy right now but I bet I'll be cryin like a little baby again tomorrow lol. At least I admit it haha :'D

En333

Name suggestions to! I want it with the same theme of Kirby. Kinda frog-ish and funny. Not cool or original.

Kirby-> Ferb Weegie Furby Fabio Rupert etc those kind of names lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information