Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cichlid lover

piroman

Question Cichlid lover

Hi guys,

I'm actually a cichlid lover (Tanganyka) and cichlids are fishes not amphibians. I've joined this forum because I had a similar forum about cichlids and I know this is the best way to reach my goal. Anyhow, I'm starting new website called: Frog technoblog, and I'm looking for a picture of a frog sitting on a mobile phone, preferably Samsung Galaxy S or Samsung Galaxy SII, but a tablet, notebook, keyboard, computer mouse picture with frog on it will help me. I know I'm not giving anything to this forum in this way, but I'll put thank you page on my new site both to this forum and a person that helps me. I need this picture, to be a part of my sites logo, just to be clear. If I have offended admins or members, I'm sorry, please erase these message ASAP!

Thank you
    Piroman

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Neat! Good luck in your search.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

piroman

Default Re: Cichlid lover

Thank you! I hope someone from this forum will help me...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Interesting request! I don't have a smartphone, but I do have an Android Cruz tablet. Would you like a juvenile pyxie on the tablet?
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

piroman

Hi Terry,

I just googled Pyxie and it's a huge If you're willing to try it, i would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Kurt

I used to keep Tanganyka cichlids, i.e., Cyphotilapia frontosa, Neolamprologus leleupi, Julidochromis transcriptus.

piroman

Hi Kurt,

I currently don't have any Cyphotilapia frontosa or gibberosa, but there are Neolamprologus leleupi and Julidochromis transcriptus in my tanks. I prefer Tropheini tribe with Tropheus sp. and Limnotilapia, Lobochilotes, Simochromis, Petrochromis, Pseudosimochromis. I have shelldweller community tank occupied by Neolamprologus multifasciatus. Currently I have only 3 active tanks, 50l, 120l and 1t. I have over 30 inactive tanks due to the fact I had to move 2 years ago I hope I'll be able to reactivate all my tanks in next years...

Why don't you keep cichlids any more? Amphibians or a space problem like me?

Kristen

I can take one of my whites on an iPhone, is that okay?

piroman

Hi Kristen,

I hate Iphone Just kidding, I prefer Android, but any smartphone is good. If it's going to be a white frog on a white Iphone, it will be an invisible frog Sorry, I'm in a good mood and I'm joking a lot. I'm looking forward to see your picture.

Thank you!

Kristen

By whites, I mean Whites Tree frog..Its green, haha and nah its a black iPhone, although I really do like the look of the white one
    Thats okay, I'll try get one tonight, but if not Ill get one in the next few days

piroman

Yes I'm a frog expert as you can see

Thank you for your effort!

Kristen

I couldn't really get a good one because the frogs were being..difficult, haha, But here's one, I can take more if you like, but it might have to be tomorrow when they have calmed down, haha

Kristen

and i forgot to attatch the picture, hang on a sec, haha :P
    its not to good, i didnt clean the iPhone.. haha

14. This member thanks Kristen for this post:

piroman

Hey that's a great picture! Very usable! I would love if frog was closer to main button, but this is very good. Thank you for this picture Kristen! Phone doesn't need to be cleaned, this is a real frog on a real phone. As I'm currently watching Australian Housos, I can say I'm going to be DH and ask you for one more picture if you are willing to try

Thank you for a nice picture!

Kristen

Thanks,
    yeah thats okay I can take another one, I will have to do it on thursday though, because its 12 am here so they are really active, and they would jump everywhere, and the cats are inside, and then tomorrow Im going out, haha.
    And is that a show? haha,
    And now you know what a whites tree frog looks like..not white :P lol
    Thanks again, Ill try get another photo to you in the next few days

Kristen

Wait, I got some from earlier that are kind of closish to the home button,

Im not sure if they're anygood though, but don't worry I can still take more, I just was looking for ones closer to the home button, haha
    and in the bottom one I think my cats hair or something got on the phone.. hahah

18. This member thanks Kristen for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Kristen, those are AWESOME pictures!! I love how he is posed in the second to last one!

piroman

Couldn't agree more, just have to add that in the second one he looks kinda bad *** Love all of your pictures! Hair is not a problem, my job was photo editing, so I can easily remove it. Now the real problem is that looking at this pictures makes me want to get one "white" frog for my self, and that is very bad sign, and I'm starting to feel like my wife is gonna give me a lesson or two about our household rules pls tell me about those frogs jumping all around, are they in terrariums or freely roaming around your house? Is it possible that cat hunts them? I have no idea what am talking about, I have no experience with frogs, just a stupid outsider questions? Please forgive my lack of general amphibian knowledge...

Thank you for additional pictures, they are very nice, or it's better to quote GrifTheGreat:"those are AWESOME pictures!!"

p.s. One very very very stupid question. Does White Tree frog have nails that can harm your skin?

piroman

Just one more thing, if possible, please use black background, but any background is god!

Kristen

Thanks grif
    and yeah I agree thats why I just added those pictures after because I wasn't to sure on them, ahah.
    They're usually in their terrariums, but I let them out every now and then, because they will just sit on the laptop, or on a window or something. My cats, well have gotten to a few of my frogs because my mum left the lid off of my tank and my breeding male Litoria Ewingii got out, and he got eaten
    But other than that the cats are outside when the frogs are iin the house, so there isn't really a problem.
    They don't have nails, but alot have sticky toe pads, (Like what you can see on my frogs, the little round disks on their fingers, haha) but they don't harm you're skin, some frogs have toxins that can harm you though,
    and yes I can use a black background, but I'll have to take the pictures tomorrow, is that okay? I used white because I wasnt sure how the black phone would look on a black background, lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information