Hi All! I'm somewhat new to the frog world, and have a few questions regarding my new red eyed tree frogs er...frog. I had two originally but the female died three days after she arrived at my home. She came with an infected cut on her nose, and I was unable to contact a veterinarian and administer treatment in time. The male looks great though. He seems to be a good weight, and has been quite active until recently. Last night was the first night I've seen him sleep thorough since I got him. Could this be because he's still adjusting to his new home? I've been feeding medium to small sized gut loaded crickets. It's hard to tell if he's been eating any though. Most of them are gone, so I can only assume they are either hiding, or were eaten.

My vivarium is a 25 tall with a screen top and aquarium fluorescent light. the back wall is painted black. I also have a red heat lamp just incase it gets cold. I have it set up with a four inch deep drainage layer which feeds a small waterfall and pond. The gravel layer is covered with coco husk, and I stuffed as many live plants in there as would fit. I've yet to get a hygrometer, but I'm fairly certain the humidity is within safe limits.

Anywho, I'm hoping the little guy is just adjusting and not getting sick or anything. I would hate to lose both of them after having spent as much as I did on them.

Thanks,
Candice