Thread: heating and lighting bulbs and lamp brands good for pacman frogs?

Killer Kyle 41

Default heating and lighting bulbs and lamp brands good for pacman frogs?

Im looking for bulbs that are good for day and night time heating and lighting for my pacman and a lamp that has a dimmer switch but im having a hard time finding them does anyone have suggestions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: heating and lighting bulbs and lamp brands good for pacman frogs?

Flukers 5.5 inch dome clamp lamp with dimmer switch.

Since they need a constant source of heat Zoo Med Repti Therm UTH for 10 to 20 gallon tanks.

Daytime bulb- Exo Terra Sun Glow Basking spot lamp with tight beam. 50 watts

Daytime bulb- Zoo Med Basking spot lamp also with tight beam. 50 watts.

These two bulbs with a concentrated beam make it to where you don't have to dial the dimmer up very high to achieve the ambient air temps with the enclosure that you desire. As with all lights you want them to have some cover like fake plants or live ones.

Night time bulb- Zoo Med Nocturnal Infrared Heat Lamp. 50 watts

Night time bulb- All Living Things Infrared Heat Bulb. 50 watts

Exo Terra also makes a good infrared bulb but I forget what its called. You could also use a Ceramic Heat emitter which doesn't. Put off any light only heat. Always be sure not to excede the wattage levels 25 watts to 50 watts. To be safe.

You can also use Daylight Blue bulbs that are full spectrum light but aren't necissary unless you have live plants. Pacmans benefit from full spectrum light but they are usually farely bright and some don't heat as well. There are several choices out there. I hope this helps.

4. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Killer Kyle 41

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Flukers 5.5 inch dome clamp lamp with dimmer switch.

Since they need a constant source of heat Zoo Med Repti Therm UTH for 10 to 20 gallon tanks.

Daytime bulb- Exo Terra Sun Glow Basking spot lamp with tight beam. 50 watts

Daytime bulb- Zoo Med Basking spot lamp also with tight beam. 50 watts.

These two bulbs with a concentrated beam make it to where you don't have to dial the dimmer up very high to achieve the ambient air temps with the enclosure that you desire. As with all lights you want them to have some cover like fake plants or live ones.

Night time bulb- Zoo Med Nocturnal Infrared Heat Lamp. 50 watts

Night time bulb- All Living Things Infrared Heat Bulb. 50 watts

Exo Terra also makes a good infrared bulb but I forget what its called. You could also use a Ceramic Heat emitter which doesn't. Put off any light only heat. Always be sure not to excede the wattage levels 25 watts to 50 watts. To be safe.

You can also use Daylight Blue bulbs that are full spectrum light but aren't necissary unless you have live plants. Pacmans benefit from full spectrum light but they are usually farely bright and some don't heat as well. There are several choices out there. I hope this helps.
    Thanks this helps alot actually lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It will be really hard to find a ceramic heat emitter that isn't 75 watts and up so you could buy a 75 and just try and have the lamp raised above the enclosure and dialed down so it doesn't create an oven within the enclosure and overheat your frog.

demeteraurion

Might want to take a look at your local hardware store like Home Depot. I get my lamps and bulbs there for much cheaper than the pet stores.

Thread Information