Thread: Fogger time duration

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Fogger time duration

I recently bought a fogger for my pacman Squish. It works great! The only problem is once I turn it off, the humidity tanks back down to the lower 60's or high 50's.
    When I have it on the lowest setting, it doesn't seem to overwhelm the terrarium with fog, just a light layer. Do you think it would be safe for Squish, the fogger, or the overall condition of my terrarium if I leave it on this low setting for a long period of time?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Fogger time duration

I wouldn't. Once the moisture reaches a certain level it will condence on the substrate/walls/and any other object within the enclosure and create water build up in the substrate. Plus you don't want a level of humidity of 100%. It will begin to do this over an hour or so. You need something that automatically turns the fogger on and off when humidity reaches the desired level. Zoo Med Hygrotherm is one such device and is what I use for my Pacmans. You can even set it so it doesn't kick on when it drops 1% below the desired %. This device can control up to 1000 watts if equipment. It isn't cheap though, but not outrageously priced.

You hook the fogger up to a timer also to kick it on and off during the day at certain times or every so many minutes but isn't as accurate.

Nationality
    [United States]

I have the zoomed reptifogger, how would that work with the hydrotherm?

Nationality
    [United States]

Yes, it works. They are made to be used together. That is what I use and it works so great! It may seem a little expensive, but it is absolutely worth it! I've never had any problems with either product. It is so nice that I don't have to worry as much when I'm not home. Currently I have a fogger for both terrariums, but only one hygrotherm that runs them both. It seems to keep both settups in ideal temp/humidity ranges.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I have the zoomed reptifogger, how would that work with the hydrotherm?
    The Hygrotherm has a sensor that you place within the tank. the sensor reads both temp and humidity levels within the enclosure. Their are 2 female plugs running out from the unit that turns power on and off for your fogger and cooling units. If the humidity drops to far passed the desired level it will turn your fogger on until it reaches the desired level of humidity then the unit shuts the fogger off. This way you can have the fogger tuned all the way up for maximum moisture content in the fog so it doesn't have to run as long. It will turn your fogger on several times during the day and these units don't use a lot of power/wattage so doesn't hurt the wallet too much.

It can also turn heating cooling units on and off. If it gets too hot it either can turn on cooling fans/misters/foggers to cool the enclosure or it will turn extra heat units off until the temp returns to desired levels. It can also turn on heating units if it gets too cool. This all depends on how you yourself have it set up. It comes with instructions for use and you definetly need to read them over well. I don't have heating units hooked up to it sincd I have my lights on a timer and the UTH on a constant. I only need it to control humidity levels. I recomend it. It can be a life saver.

Nationality
    [United States]

Oh wow that's cool! I'll have to wait a bit before I can get one but that does seem worth it. Thanks for the info!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Oh wow that's cool! I'll have to wait a bit before I can get one but that does seem worth it. Thanks for the info!
    You're welcome.

Thread Information