Thread: Big male Bounced on the floor. Should he be alright?

Mikey

Default Big male Bounced on the floor. Should he be alright?

One of my grow up males jumped out of his water dish, cleared his bin, and hit the floor from a little over 3 feet up going after the dubia roach I was offering him. I know better than to open is bin wide open during feeding but I messed up. After he hit the floor he was shaken up for like 10 minutes. I took him out and put him in a bin with like 30 male dubia and he ate all of them, and then ate 2 adult mice. So his appetite did not subside. Just wondering if anyone has had these guys hit the floor like that and be "okay" after-word? I'm really hoping he's fine. He's around 2 and a half pounds and my favorite by far.

I know people are gonna say if he's eating he should be fine. But I'm still worried

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Big male Bounced on the floor. Should he be alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    One of my grow up males jumped out of his water dish, cleared his bin, and hit the floor from a little over 3 feet up going after the dubia roach I was offering him. I know better than to open is bin wide open during feeding but I messed up. After he hit the floor he was shaken up for like 10 minutes. I took him out and put him in a bin with like 30 male dubia and he ate all of them, and then ate 2 adult mice. So his appetite did not subside. Just wondering if anyone has had these guys hit the floor like that and be "okay" after-word? I'm really hoping he's fine. He's around 2 and a half pounds and my favorite by far.

I know people are gonna say if he's eating he should be fine. But I'm still worried
    My large female Pacman Grif jumped out of my fiance's hand once frm the same height and landed on her head and was unscathed. They are sort of designed to absorb impacts and are quite tough. Still as you probably already are, keep a close eye on him to makes sure he didn't hurt any of his legs or break anything and just isn't showing signs yet.

I will say this as it would seem his appetite overpowered any injury he might have received from the the fall. I find this funny that after something like that he was still worried about food. I'm sure he'll be ok.

Eel Noob

Any updates?

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    Any updates?
    Ya he is doing fantastic. Since the jump I purchased a perfect 9" high tub, rack system. no more jumping is possible! He, and all my pixies are doing fantastic. I just recently moved all of my racks into a warmer room and everyone is feeding perfect again (as my temps dipped about 5 degrees).

Grif,
    I appreciate the concern! Everyone, including most importantly the male who jumped was not phazed by the flop. It is unbelievable how durable these frogs are.

RAAV

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Ya he is doing fantastic. Since the jump I purchased a perfect 9" high tub, rack system. no more jumping is possible! He, and all my pixies are doing fantastic. I just recently moved all of my racks into a warmer room and everyone is feeding perfect again (as my temps dipped about 5 degrees).

Grif,
    I appreciate the concern! Everyone, including most importantly the male who jumped was not phazed by the flop. It is unbelievable how durable these frogs are.
    glad to hear he is ok

Thread Information