Thread: Pics of Hubbie Mcgrubber, the Whites Tree frog :)

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Pics of Hubbie Mcgrubber, the Whites Tree frog :)

Here are some new pictures of my male Whites Tree frog, Hubbie Mcgrubber, (that’s hue-bee mick-groo-ber). I’ve had him for about 3 years and he is quite the musician (love it) ha-ha!! Within the next month, I’m going to put together a new home for him and get him some new buddies, male or female. I’m hoping to get a terrarium that’s at least 3 feet tall and then work from there. This week, I’m going to sketch out my plans . I’ll fill you all in on the process!

Anywho, here are some—trust me, there’s a lot more—of the snapshots I took:
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Pics of Hubbie Mcgrubber, the Whites Tree frog :)

He is adorable!

Poly

He's so cute!

Can't wait to see his new viv!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by frogluver View Post
    Here are some new pictures of my male Whites Tree frog, Hubbie Mcgrubber, (that’s hue-bee mick-groo-ber). I’ve had him for about 3 years and he is quite the musician (love it) ha-ha!! Within the next month, I’m going to put together a new home for him and get him some new buddies, male or female. I’m hoping to get a terrarium that’s at least 3 feet tall and then work from there. This week, I’m going to sketch out my plans . I’ll fill you all in on the process!

Anywho, here are some—trust me, there’s a lot more—of the snapshots I took:
    Hubbie Mcgrubber ! lol That's the cutest name !!! What a handsome little man.
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"

Oophaga pumilio "Black Jeans"
    Oophaga pumilio "Isla Popa"
    Oophaga pumilio "Bastimentos"
    Oophaga pumilio “Mimbitimbi”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Colubre"
    Oophaga pumilio "Red Frog Beach”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Branco"
    Oophaga pumilio “Valle del Rey”
    Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"
    Oophaga pumilio "El Dorado"
    Oophaga pumilio "Cristobal"
    Oophaga pumilio "Rambala"

Oophaga “Vicentei” (blue)

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga sylvatica "Pata Blanca"
    Oophaga histrionica “Redhead”
    Oophaga histrionica "Blue"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"
    Oophaga histrionica "Tado"

Ranitomeya variabilis "Southern"
    Ranitomeya imitator "Varadero"
    Ranitomeya sirensis "Lower Ucayali"
    Ranitomeya vanzolinii

http://www.fernsfrogs.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ferns.frogs

Nationality
    [United States]

Very cute! And I love the name!

Nationality
    [United States]

He is a cute lil guy! Love the pics, he is very photogenic! The name is great! I wish mine were musicians like yours, I have only conjured one real lame excuse for a croak out of mine. I guess mine are just the silent type!

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    He is adorable!
    I know, isn’t he lol! And he always carries that endearing smile on his face .

Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    He's so cute!

Can't wait to see his new viv!
    You can say that again haha ;D!! I know….I’m hoping I get a terrarium for Christmas, so I can start building it. Can’t wait !

Quote Originally Posted by flybyferns View Post
    Hubbie Mcgrubber ! lol That's the cutest name !!! What a handsome little man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolisnide View Post
    Very cute! And I love the name!
    Ha-ha, thank you !! The first part of his name, Hubbie, is a combination of the words hugs and cutie (my mom coined that name lol). The last part, Mcgrubber, is the SNL version of MacGyver. I couldn’t decide on which name between those two, so I gave him both….and thus he became Hubbie Mcgrubber haha !

Quote Originally Posted by helm96 View Post
    He is a cute lil guy! Love the pics, he is very photogenic! The name is great! I wish mine were musicians like yours, I have only conjured one real lame excuse for a croak out of mine. I guess mine are just the silent type!
    Thank you !! Haha, I agree, he loves the camera! That’s interesting that your Whites are silent. I live on a hilltop and there are a lot of fronts that come in and out of my area, which means there’s a lot of barometric pressure changes. This probably induces most of vocalizations, but there are those times in which he sings to the oh-so-annoying static on the radio, the “melodic” vacuum cleaner, or to the sound of my brother’s voice (I keep telling him he’s a frog, but he keeps on denying lolol).

Maybe your whites heard about the monks who take a vow of silence……who knows hehe !
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Nationality
    [Canada]

Great pics Autumn!!
    don't mess with my frogs

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Great pics Autumn!!
    Thanks Doug !!!
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you !! Haha, I agree, he loves the camera! That’s interesting that your Whites are silent. I live on a hilltop and there are a lot of fronts that come in and out of my area, which means there’s a lot of barometric pressure changes. This probably induces most of vocalizations, but there are those times in which he sings to the oh-so-annoying static on the radio, the “melodic” vacuum cleaner, or to the sound of my brother’s voice (I keep telling him he’s a frog, but he keeps on denying lolol).

Maybe your whites heard about the monks who take a vow of silence……who knows hehe !
    Lol, I do not think its a vow of silence, I think it may be brain damage do to the fact that they never look before they leap and I hear them hit more stuff when eating! It gives me a headache just listening to them sometimes. I really think I should have named them Kami & Kaze because sometimes I swear they are trying to kill themselves!

Kristen87

Ahhhhh SO CUTE! What a stud hehe. I've got a white's too, totally in love with the chubby little guys They're not camera shy at all huh! hehe

En333

Do you think I should get Kirby a new buddy while he's still young? I keep answering the question to myself but I always come up different reasons to or not to get Kirby a friend. He doesn't NEED one, but it would be fun to watch two play..... I need opinions haha

Btw awesome pics he's so cute haha I was wondering where he got that name! But now I know lol very creative!

Nationality
    [United States]

He's adorable Autumn! I love his sweet little smile! Congrats!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helm96 View Post
    Lol, I do not think its a vow of silence, I think it may be brain damage do to the fact that they never look before they leap and I hear them hit more stuff when eating! It gives me a headache just listening to them sometimes. I really think I should have named them Kami & Kaze because sometimes I swear they are trying to kill themselves!
    Haha really? ;P I hope they don’t end up killing themselves!! That would have been a fitting pair of names lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen87 View Post
    Ahhhhh SO CUTE! What a stud hehe. I've got a white's too, totally in love with the chubby little guys They're not camera shy at all huh! hehe
    Haha, that phrase can never get old ;D!! He sure is . Don’t you think Whites just love the “paparazzi” and all the flashing lights&fame hahaha?

Quote Originally Posted by En333 View Post
    Do you think I should get Kirby a new buddy while he's still young? I keep answering the question to myself but I always come up different reasons to or not to get Kirby a friend. He doesn't NEED one, but it would be fun to watch two play..... I need opinions haha
    Btw awesome pics he's so cute haha I was wondering where he got that name! But now I know lol very creative!
    I’ve been debating the same question in my mind for the past few months and finally decided that I will get my Hubbie a buddy. My reasoning: Whites Tree frogs are rather communal creatures and seem “happier” with a pal. At least that’s just my opinion.

Wood frogs, when housed together in pairs of 2+, are usually always found hanging around together (as evident in the picture on the homepage of this site). They display a strong sense of Kin recognition as tadpoles and this makes me wonder if they don’t as adults too—even though scientists don’t really seem to think so.
    Thanks Ian !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    He's adorable Autumn! I love his sweet little smile! Congrats!!!
    Hehe me too ! Thanks Heather . I’ve had for 3 years now, though when I got him, he was an adult…..so I have no idea how old he is :P
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

En333

I’ve been debating the same question in my mind for the past few months and finally decided that I will get my Hubbie a buddy. My reasoning: Whites Tree frogs are rather communal creatures and seem “happier” with a pal. At least that’s just my opinion.

Wood frogs, when housed together in pairs of 2+, are usually always found hanging around together (as evident in the picture on the homepage of this site). They display a strong sense of Kin recognition as tadpoles and this makes me wonder if they don’t as adults too—even though scientists don’t really seem to think so.
    Thanks Ian !! lol
    Kk I think might get Kirby a pal once I upgrade his habitat thnx

So what do u think you'll name your new lil whites? If you get one, I think I might name him Ferb, Weegie, or maybe even Furby! Haha idk. I remember when I was little and we had these frogs in the puddles outside our shed, they were all named either Ernie or junior lol. I just remembered we had like five aquatic frogs in a large vase when I was little! Just now haha! They were all named junior lol

Anyway thnx for opinion!

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by En333 View Post
    Kk I think might get Kirby a pal once I upgrade his habitat thnx

So what do u think you'll name your new lil whites? If you get one, I think I might name him Ferb, Weegie, or maybe even Furby! Haha idk. I remember when I was little and we had these frogs in the puddles outside our shed, they were all named either Ernie or junior lol. I just remembered we had like five aquatic frogs in a large vase when I was little! Just now haha! They were all named junior lol

Anyway thnx for opinion!
    Oooo, that’s a tough one! I’m not sure yet.....maybe something like Grubby Juicy or Bob the Frog (which is name I called my toy toad when I was 7 years old, and didn’t have any live amphibians lol :P). Some past frog names I’ve come with were Plumpers, Chubby, Tiny, and Baby. You know my whites name and I also have 4 woodies named Lil’ Piggy, Lil’ Porker, Baby Jr. (there’s that Junior again lol), and Digger. So I don't know either . Haha, Furby is a cute name! Lol....Junior 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!!

Haha, welcome !
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Kristen87

Haha, that phrase can never get old ;D!! He sure is . Don’t you think Whites just love the “paparazzi” and all the flashing lights&fame hahaha?
    Definately haha, gotta love it

I've just got Miss Turtle a little buddy - called Ninja (named as such because in comparison to Miss Turtle she's a ninja at catching food and climbing lol) and its sooo cute watching them together. Ninja has this habbit of waving her arms around, and miss turtle being a few fries short of a happy meal jumps at her thinking she has food for her lol. She thinks that anything that moves is trying to give her food lol. She's been way more active since Ninja came along too for some reason. Very entertaining, I highly recommend getting a second one xD

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen87 View Post
    Definately haha, gotta love it

I've just got Miss Turtle a little buddy - called Ninja (named as such because in comparison to Miss Turtle she's a ninja at catching food and climbing lol) and its sooo cute watching them together. Ninja has this habbit of waving her arms around, and miss turtle being a few fries short of a happy meal jumps at her thinking she has food for her lol. She thinks that anything that moves is trying to give her food lol. She's been way more active since Ninja came along too for some reason. Very entertaining, I highly recommend getting a second one xD
    Haha, how cute!!
    Getting a buddy is a great idea then.....I agree !
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Nationality
    [United States]

Very cute frog and lively thread; congrats Autumn!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information