Thread: Hello all from Katy Texas

Smile Hello all from Katy Texas

Hey all,
    My name is Lisa, I own a Aussie Whites Tree frog named Hetfield that is 15 years old. He is my baby boy I came across this site looking for a little help with Het. For about a month now he has been refusing to eat. This is the first time I have had this problem with him. He is currently in the care of a Vet but we are both a little stumped due to the fact he is still drinking and is over all ok. He is a bit under weight now from not eating but I have been force feeding him with some mixture my vet gave me to use. From what I have been reading I am wondering if its his temp, working on it! Hope all your froggies are doing well!!

Kurt

Default Re: Hello all from Katy Texas

Welcome aboard. What's his temp?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to Frog Forum Lisa and hope your frog gets well soon!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thanks all . I am not sure at the moment; I am getting the gauges today. I haven't used one ever, I guess since I lived in Fl, we had enough humidity and heat I didn't need it. Now that he is in a different state that gets a lot colder in the winter it might be having an affect on him now..not really sure..

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hope your frogs adjusts to the changes and try to get that humidity right.
    Heaters dry things out quickly so keep that in mind when your beginning to add a heat source such as lighting or an under tank heater (best on the side of tank).

Quote Originally Posted by DonLisk View Post
    Hope your frogs adjusts to the changes and try to get that humidity right.
    Heaters dry things out quickly so keep that in mind when your beginning to add a heat source such as lighting or an under tank heater (best on the side of tank).

I added a small heater to his tank about two days ago. He is in a 28 gallon tank, I stuck it on the far right side of the tank (not on the bottom). I hope that will help and I have to get up the humidity! Thank you for the advice!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Welcome and I'm sure you find the help you are looking for here.
    don't mess with my frogs

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome to the forums! Wish you were here on better terms! I hope that your little guy gets better soon! It may be preference but I prefer the digital temp and humidity guages, I have ran into a few bad dial guages!

Well for right now I bought petco gauges that got great reviews on it, so far so good. I added some moss on the side of his cage and some of the humidity went up. See years ago every time he would be in any kind of moss he would get a bacterial infection or just sick like so I stopped using it all together and he was fine for his long. Right now his humidity is at 55 and his temp 75.7 or so.

Another thing he has developed these white rings around his eyes, its very symmetrical and my vet says she hasn't seen anything like that and it doesn't seem to bother him. She thinks
    it might be from some of his weight loss. I don't really know what caused it, but if my memory serves me it was there before this but less than a year. Name:  hetseyes.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  51.0 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

Maybe I should have tried the Petco brand gauges cause I have had really BAD LUCK with the Fluker brand gauges. I have had 2 of the flukers bad and not reading right out of the box, so I will be staying away from those ones all together!

Well hopefully the weight loss is all that caused the white rings and when he puts a little more weight on they will go away!

The gauges work great, i would try them and they are not that expensive at all. So tonight I used Zilla brand beaked moss and misted it for a bit and him and the humidity went up to 60% which I am happy with that. Even better news, I was able to get him to EAT A CRICKET tonight!!! I am very happy right now, I hope this continues where he is back to eating like a piggy! Thank you all for the advice! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Thread Information