Thread: Raising Humidity

dsmalex97

Default Raising Humidity

Whenever I mist my ornates cage, he(or she) does the freak lol. He starts snapping at the air and makes a crazzzzy sound! Doesn't like it one bit. Is this normal? And are their less stressful ways of upping the humidity? I was thinking about using a watering pot and just soaking the soil. I think it's the noise that bothers him more then anything.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Raising Humidity

Buy a fogger. Like the Zoo Med Reptafogger. Its $60.00 but is worth it. You'll still have to make sure the soil is moist but it works great. Especially if you combine it with the Zoo Med Hygrotherm temp/humidity control unit.

dsmalex97

a made a makeshift watering pot, ain't shelling out 60 bucks for a fogger lol

Nationality
    [United States]

You asked Lol! I've got the fogger and the Hygrotherm. Every time humidity drops the Hygrotherm kicks the fogger on and shuts it off when the humidity reaches the correct set %. Pretty much makes my setup automated. Its worth the money.

dsmalex97

I've seen them, and think its a great product for certain people that can't check on their frogs that often. But I check my enclosures a lot(mostly because they are in my bedroom at the moment) and I'm usually aware of a humidity drop. Also, my enclosure holds humidity really well, and typically every few days it needs to be watered so I don't have to worry about doing it multiple times a day(thank god). If I come across a good deal on one I might pick one up, but I really don't "need" it. Would be nice though lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by dsmalex97 View Post
    I've seen them, and think its a great product for certain people that can't check on their frogs that often. But I check my enclosures a lot(mostly because they are in my bedroom at the moment) and I'm usually aware of a humidity drop. Also, my enclosure holds humidity really well, and typically every few days it needs to be watered so I don't have to worry about doing it multiple times a day(thank god). If I come across a good deal on one I might pick one up, but I really don't "need" it. Would be nice though lol
    They are nice to have. Helps when I have to leave for long periods of time and when I'm sleeping. I still check on them anyway when I'm home. I love my frogs very much and can't ignore them just because I have a machine doing some of the work for me. Feeding them makes me so happy. That and when they get up and come looking for me so they can be fed.

Thread Information