Thread: My Fantasy Pacman Nearly Ate my Little Albino Pacman!!

ninetail89

Default My Fantasy Pacman Nearly Ate my Little Albino Pacman!!

Omg...its was too close for comfort....have to give a thanks to my thrist for a cold drink....if not....it may had been too late....
    Around 1am....i was thirsty and went downstairs to get a drink...my Pacman Tank is locatted between the stairs connecting to the ground floor..
    and just being my usual self...i shine a light to see if my both my pacman...(Green Fantasy) Lucky and (Albino)Amber are doing well...since they normally come out at night when all the lights are off....for a while...i notice my Lucky....after 2 second.....i was like WHAT THE HELL....thats not Lucky space....my Lucky is always on the left side while my Amber is on the Right Side.......MY LUCKY was at the right side....just sitting there...i was like...****....where the hell is my Albino...FYI my fantasy is Male and 3 times the size of my Albino.....then i notice my Albino was at the corner(a place where he dont normally go..unless stress up...trying to climb out of the tank)........i immediately place back my Fantasy back to the left side...and feed it a few bunch of Chicken Meat.....it must be hungry....but i just fed him like 3-4 days ago...and that was a huge ammount...didnt expect him to be so hungry until...somehow manage to squeeze himself between the stones and glass barricade which i set up at the corner....it gave me a huge shock...since this is the first time in 4 months that one of my Pacman went to the other side.......i dont think he manage to jump over the glass i put to seperate them..but manage to squeeze in between the gap which i already laid a bunch of rocks there...........this surely gave me a fright....worst case senario...my Lucky would had eatten my Amber........

My Tank setup...how i seperate them

I guessing My Fantasy Squeeze through here...

Cant Squeeze through here...there is no gap..

My Lucky....busy eating his chicken meat.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Poly

Default Re: My Fantasy Pacman Nearly Ate my Little Albino Pacman!!

I am glad that your albino is alright, "Lucky" most liekly climbed up the side stones in photo 3, and jumped the rest of the gap over the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetail89 View Post
    and feed it a few bunch of Chicken Meat
    You should not feed large chuncks of meat like that, further more, I'm not sure you should be feeding it chicken. What do you normally feed it? It's staple food should be an insect like crickets or nightcrawlers, not poultry.

ninetail89

Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    I am glad that your albino is alright, "Lucky" most liekly climbed up the side stones in photo 3, and jumped the rest of the gap over the glass.

You should not feed large chuncks of meat like that, further more, I'm not sure you should be feeding it chicken. What do you normally feed it? It's staple food should be an insect like crickets or nightcrawlers, not poultry.
    yea thx god....first time in 4 months,...this happen..i guess i would block that part even more..

yea. i know that...normally in a month.=4 weeks...3 weeks would be all crickets and 1 week would be either chicken meat/fish/frog/pinky.
    yea..that piece of meat kinda big...was rushing actually....i just went to the freezer and defroze a piece of breast meat..then slice it..

Poly

and 1 week would be either chicken meat/fish/frog/pinky.
    You feed it other amphibians!? Where do you get these frogs? Do you know this can kill your pacman?

ninetail89

You feed it other amphibians!? Where do you get these frogs? Do you know this can kill your pacman?
    hmm...cant??...these frogs ..the shop call it Rock Frog or something....normally people buy it as Fishing Bait..so its rather clean n parasite free.

Poly

hmm...cant??...these frogs ..the shop call it Rock Frog or something....normally people buy it as Fishing Bait..so its rather clean n parasite free.
    They can if they are wild caught frogs, becuase they could transfer papasites. It makes me sick that people use frogs for fishing bait... You mean this frog? FrogWatch :: Chattering Rock Frog

ninetail89

They can if they are wild caught frogs, becuase they could transfer papasites. It makes me sick that people use frogs for fishing bait... You mean this frog? FrogWatch :: Chattering Rock Frog
    yup that looks like it.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I suggest you set your frogs enclosure up with a gap free divider. These frogs can be very determined and can climb if the want to. You'd better close off any gap between terrarium walls and divider ends also between the terrarium top and divider. There should be no gaps when dividing and enclosure into 2 seperate ones otherwise its still just one enclosure and isn't separated at all. Don't feed them chicken. They can become diseased frm eating it and also in a rush or not a piece that large could kill your frog. Your being negelagent and placing your frogs at rick. Don't feed them other frogs because it can cause issues with your Pacs. A fattening food source should only be fed once a month and how can you be sure the frogs are clean? You should be more careful what you feed your frogs and especially with their home. The frogs home is supposed to be safe. When you leave tight spaces that they will try and sqeeze through. and jump over you're placing their lives at risk. I'm glad to hear they're ok but you need to up your care game a little more.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    I suggest you set your frogs enclosure up with a gap free divider. These frogs can be very determined and can climb if the want to. You'd better close off any gap between terrarium walls and divider ends also between the terrarium top and divider. There should be no gaps when dividing and enclosure into 2 seperate ones otherwise its still just one enclosure and isn't separated at all. Don't feed them chicken. They can become diseased frm eating it and also in a rush or not a piece that large could kill your frog. Your being negelagent and placing your frogs at rick. Don't feed them other frogs because it can cause issues with your Pacs. A fattening food source should only be fed once a month and how can you be sure the frogs are clean? You should be more careful what you feed your frogs and especially with their home. The frogs home is supposed to be safe. When you leave tight spaces that they will try and sqeeze through. and jump over you're placing their lives at risk. I'm glad to hear they're ok but you need to up your care game a little more.
    GrifTheGreat, thanks for this comment. I read this and was immediately horrified. But, not being very experienced, especially with Pacman's, didn't know if feeding them other amphibians and chicken was common practice. Glad to hear it's not.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolisnide View Post
    GrifTheGreat, thanks for this comment. I read this and was immediately horrified. But, not being very experienced, especially with Pacman's, didn't know if feeding them other amphibians and chicken was common practice. Glad to hear it's not.
    Raw meat is bad. Its best to stay away from it. Also there is so much growth hormones/enzymes/ among other things that they do to mass produced poltry. Now feeding them a thawed chick is acceptable. Of appropriate size ofcourse. You can also feed them shrimp that was raised in america and I believe you have to cook them. If they were caught anywhere else forget about it. Other countries don't have the quality laws we have here. Don't mistake the chick and or pinky mice as being placed in the raw meat catagory. Its not the same thing even though they are raw. Chicks and mice once a month is an excellent treat for them.

Nationality
    [United States]

About the frogs being fed to pacmans well it also can be acceptable but there is a lot of risk involved. Most ffogs produce toxins and secrete them through their skin. This can make your Pacman sick or even kill it. Also there is a lot of risk for parasites to attack your Pacman. Other frogs can carry disease and parasites that can also make your Pac ill or kill it. You have to be careful what you feed them. There is just as much risk with feeding fish to them. They have to come from a clean viable source with no diseases or parasites. A lot or owners reccomend that you breed your own feeder fish so that you know that they are clean and parasite free. There are also only certain types of feeder fish that are appropriate for your frog to eat. Not just any fish is good. Same goes for feeder frogs. Wild caught is a huge NO! Even for insects.

ninetail89

hmm...ok....but for starters...why did my Lucky even squeeze n climb to the other side....it is because its hungry and saw my tiny albino as snack??..cause this the first time it happen in 4months.

yea also...raw chicken meat cant?..but thaw chick can..?......then again.....if i feed it...cooked chicken breast meat is it better than raw chicken breast meat?
    /frog which i feed once a month ...normally is i buy from Shop..

Nationality
    [United States]

hmm...ok....but for starters...why did my Lucky even squeeze n climb to the other side....it is because its hungry and saw my tiny albino as snack??..cause this the first time it happen in 4months.

yea also...raw chicken meat cant?..but thaw chick can..?......then again.....if i feed it...cooked chicken breast meat is it better than raw chicken breast meat?
    /frog which i feed once a month ...normally is i buy from Shop..
    Your divider shouldn't be see through in this case. Your larger fantacy saw the little Albino as food because these frogs are canniblistic. You need to be more careful how you house your frogs.

Thawed chicken is the same as raw chicken. Its frozen raw and w en you thaw it out it is still raw its just no longer frozen. Understand? Id stay away from feeding meat such as this. Now you can feed them chicken livers and pieces of chicken hearts as a treat. Some breeders do this. I'm not saying you can't feed your frog the chicken its just risky. Try livers or hearts as a treat. These items even if you decide to still use the breast meat it should only be as a treat. I reccomend you don't use the breast meat anymore. Just my opinion. You should cook it first and make sure its completely cooled so you don't burn and kill your frog. Feed only small pieces. Same with the livers and hearts. Cook them and feed them to your frog in appropriate sizes. Like the size of the crickets your frogs eat and only as treats.

Thread Information