I have 1 frog & 3 toads. Male Pacific Tree Frog (raised since tadpole), possible female California toad (caught as juvenile in wild), and 2 fire belly toads (1 female and 1 possible male) from pet store. Right now, I have FBTs in own tank, while I have kept the tree frog and California toad in same tank. They've lived this way since they were both juveniles (both same age) and they don't bother each other. I've had many people on here say that's not good because the toad will attack my tree frog. I can never see her doing this because they were raised together and are well fed. They stay to themselves and neither one is agressive towards the other. One thing, however, is my male tree frog calls ALL the time and it seems like he does it when toadie tries to climb on his tree branch or invading his personal space. But my toad just likes to climb (he thinks he's a tree frog too!), he's not climbing after him to bother him.

I know these kind of toads aren't really social meaning they don't have to be grouped or paired like my fire bellied toads. I think toadie would get lonely and possibly stressed if I seperate these two because that's all he knows. I know he has the paratoid gland and there is a risk of the toxins, but I've heard that they only use it when being attacked or freaked out. Also, if I do need to seperate them, is there another type of toad that would be good for him to be paired with? What about my tree frog? He's very social and actually likes to be handled and carried around. I think he'd be more unhappy if seperated than the toad. What are some good pairings for a pacific tree frog? I've heard that any tree frog would be good. Any input would be appreciated.