Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a real heated discussion.

Squirp

Post Time for a real heated discussion.

I was trying to be respectful of their privacy, but on two separate occasions I caught them doing stuff.
    I tried to educate them of the dangers of sex, by reenacting some of my favorite health class video's with frog puppets.
    I managed to scare them away from it after drawing crude images of painful complications, and it worked until recently, you see, I sculpted an interesting landscape the other day to keep them entertained, and I think it must have sparked the mood for this one guy cause I caught this frilled up ally toad flopped right on top of my prized baby squirp this morning. WHO let me remind you, is being rehabilitated from crippling mobility after surviving starvation. I mean, honestly this has to be against the law, she's disabled, and underage. I've about had enough of this kinda stuff. Sure I turned a blind eye to the cannibal cricket matches, and illegal gambling on the centipede races, and even that disturbing thing that happened to Nina in the fourth breath of fire, BUT the rape of a world renown icon, Squirp, is just not good publicity for the species as a whole. I tell you what, I sat down for about 8 hours today, writing up my own rendition of stories of consequence loosely based on reality for those toads, and then I'm going to teach them about a form of treatment they will receive if they live a life making bad choices. This may include punishments more severe then being grounded. I'm talking manual labor, hard time with rude guards and ruder inmates, much bigger versions of those bugs they've been snacking on. but if this is more of a medical/mental rehabilitation I'll offer the best psychiatric care I can provide, it's going to cost a lot more tax dollars to hire a staff to manage a healthcare system that has the ambition to make people healthy and doesn't have the ambition to make a profit. you guys see this problem I'm dealing with? I like these toads and everything, but if they can't get along, I'm going to have to relocate them, but that doesn't solve the problem, just another opportunity to make more scars that never heal. when will the suffering end? when will toad society surpass our civilization and its discontent?
    Last edited by Squirp; December 9th, 2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spilled fruit punch on my lap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Time for a real heated discussion.

just....wow.
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

Reggie

Dude you lost me by the fourth sentence , LOL .. I have no idea what you're talking about , maybe my comprehension has gotten worse over the years ?

Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry to say this but its instincts. Hard wired insticts. That huge rant won't change anything Lol!. Good luck with the grounding and punishments though.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Squirp View Post
    I was trying to be respectful of their privacy, but on two separate occasions I caught them doing stuff.
    I tried to educate them of the dangers of sex, by reenacting some of my favorite health class video's with frog puppets.
    I managed to scare them away from it after drawing crude images of painful complications, and it worked until recently, you see, I sculpted an interesting landscape the other day to keep them entertained, and I think it must have sparked the mood for this one guy cause I caught this frilled up ally toad flopped right on top of my prized baby squirp this morning. WHO let me remind you, is being rehabilitated from crippling mobility after surviving starvation. I mean, honestly this has to be against the law, she's disabled, and underage. I've about had enough of this kinda stuff. Sure I turned a blind eye to the cannibal cricket matches, and illegal gambling on the centipede races, and even that disturbing thing that happened to Nina in the fourth breath of fire, BUT the rape of a world renown icon, Squirp, is just not good publicity for the species as a whole. I tell you what, I sat down for about 8 hours today, writing up my own rendition of stories of consequence loosely based on reality for those toads, and then I'm going to teach them about a form of treatment they will receive if they live a life making bad choices. This may include punishments more severe then being grounded. I'm talking manual labor, hard time with rude guards and ruder inmates, much bigger versions of those bugs they've been snacking on. but if this is more of a medical/mental rehabilitation I'll offer the best psychiatric care I can provide, it's going to cost a lot more tax dollars to hire a staff to manage a healthcare system that has the ambition to make people healthy and doesn't have the ambition to make a profit. you guys see this problem I'm dealing with? I like these toads and everything, but if they can't get along, I'm going to have to relocate them, but that doesn't solve the problem, just another opportunity to make more scars that never heal. when will the suffering end? when will toad society surpass our civilization and its discontent?
    Squirp,
    You are very clever ! BUT, I really don't think any of your ideas are going to work. I think you could threaten even worse, harsh, terrible punishments ( like making them climb ---really high even a desert environment or living in a waste land ) and they will JUST ignore you. It's a total breakdown in the environment. There is total loss of control of the only human parental unit they have ever had !!! Soon they will be doing it in public. What a mess!!!! My advice , put a roll of duct tape in their view next to a tank housing a big bull frog !!!!. Maybe that would establish a little self control. I have 6 tree frogs. I'm so afraid something like this could happen. I noticed mine starting to stay up late and lurking around each other. Is that how it started for you ? You might gather as much information about the situation as possible and consider sending it to a third party?
    Good luck, Lynn
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"

Oophaga pumilio "Black Jeans"
    Oophaga pumilio "Isla Popa"
    Oophaga pumilio "Bastimentos"
    Oophaga pumilio “Mimbitimbi”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Colubre"
    Oophaga pumilio "Red Frog Beach”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Branco"
    Oophaga pumilio “Valle del Rey”
    Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"
    Oophaga pumilio "El Dorado"
    Oophaga pumilio "Cristobal"
    Oophaga pumilio "Rambala"

Oophaga “Vicentei” (blue)

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga sylvatica "Pata Blanca"
    Oophaga histrionica “Redhead”
    Oophaga histrionica "Blue"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"
    Oophaga histrionica "Tado"

Ranitomeya variabilis "Southern"
    Ranitomeya imitator "Varadero"
    Ranitomeya sirensis "Lower Ucayali"
    Ranitomeya vanzolinii

http://www.fernsfrogs.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ferns.frogs

Kristen

wait what?
    woah :|
    Good luck with that,

Nationality
    [Canada]

I think corporal punishment is in order...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Gosh, I won't mention all the stuff I caught my frogs doing....
    Good luck, I already tried the sex films, but that didn't work
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Nationality
    [United States]

Gee, and to think mine just hop around and eat, lol!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Gee, and to think mine just hop around and eat, lol!
    Heather, Dear. They have you over-a- barrel. Ask Squirp.
    It seems as though he has been deceived since day one!
    I'm buying a nanny cam !!!
    Current Collection

Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"

Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Nationality
    [United States]

......huh??
    Lmao!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

LOL!!!!!!! Ha ha!!!!!!!!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Squirp

Excuse me again,
    but this is not pretend.

reprimanded within
    Their lesson's begin.

Songs from the toads
    of their longest ago

through their eyes untold
    their concept and clarity unfolds

as they creek and groan,
    amongst mud and foam

They speak of when toads
    roam alone on earth's stone

After considering all that they've seen
    Massive fish, thunderous lizards, and ape supreme.

They do just the same, concerned of the next name
    of the ones who bring pain, In contemplation they'll remain,
    a gluttonous glut, mulled over those evolutions of insane.

Nationality
    [United States]

Excuse me again,
    but this is not pretend.

reprimanded within
    Their lesson's begin.

Songs from the toads
    of their longest ago

through their eyes untold
    their concept and clarity unfolds

as they creek and groan,
    amongst mud and foam

They speak of when toads
    roam alone on earth's stone

After considering all that they've seen
    Massive fish, thunderous lizards, and ape supreme.

They do just the same, concerned of the next name
    of the ones who bring pain, In contemplation they'll remain,
    a gluttonous glut, mulled over those evolutions of insane.
    Very interesting poem. Did you write it?

Squirp

Quote Originally Posted by flybyferns View Post
    I have 6 tree frogs. I'm so afraid something like this could happen. I noticed mine starting to stay up late and lurking around each other. Is that how it started for you ?
    Good luck, Lynn
    Hello Lynn.
    Thank you for taking this manor seriously.
    I started noticing subtle things a while back:
    for instance, I purchased a cell plan that had the multiple phones, and I gave all the squirps their own cell phones so they could text and talk unlimited any night and weekend. Then a couple months later I noticed squirp was always messing around with her phone, and it racked up the bill to 200 bucks once and I'll tell ya what, I was so livid I plum puckered up my eyebrows and took to a whompin and a stompin to the likes of them cellular devices. Grounded Missey that's for sure I told her. 2 weeks later this little flashy orange stripe chump starts showing up at the house. starts staying over for dinner, dressing nicer, trying to impress everyone, speaking more politely.I don't buy it, tell the guy to scram. Next thing i know, he's buying her things. spouting off on some BS Scouts Honor Promise Ring ****. asks if he can have my blessing to date my most precious and prized award winning heart of smiles squirp.. So you wanna know what I say? I told him he can go Flip himself, and I tossed him right out the front window. He came back the next night with a small toad sized guitar, woke me from a dead sleep, I had to get ready to work in a couple hours so I sprayed him with the hose, told him to get off my yard or I'll stick my boot up his ***. Next thing I know, I catch him bunked up with squirp one night, and he didn't even have the decency to stop what he was doing. he just looked at me with those menacing eyes, it was awful.
    Last edited by Squirp; December 20th, 2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: I got my tounge stuck in mixing whisp

Reggie

My Bufo guttatus does jumping jacks , it's really wild !

Nationality
    [United States]

Hello Lynn.
    Thank you for taking this manor seriously.
    I started noticing subtle things a while back:
    for instance, I purchased a cell plan that had the multiple phones, and I gave all the squirps their own cell phones so they could text and talk unlimited any night and weekend. Then a couple months later I noticed squirp was always messing around with her phone, and it racked up the bill to 200 bucks once and I'll tell ya what, I was so livid I plum puckered up my eyebrows and took to a whompin and a stompin to the likes of them cellular devices. Grounded Missey that's for sure I told her. 2 weeks later this little flashy orange stripe chump starts showing up at the house. starts staying over for dinner, dressing nicer, trying to impress everyone, speaking more politely.I don't buy it, tell the guy to scram. Next thing i know, he's buying her things. spouting off on some BS Scouts Honor Promise Ring ****. asks if he can have my blessing to date my most precious and prized award winning heart of smiles squirp.. So you wanna know what I say? I told him he can go Flip himself, and I tossed him right out the front window. He came back the next night with a small toad sized guitar, woke me from a dead sleep, I had to get ready to work in a couple hours so I sprayed him with the hose, told him to get off my yard or I'll stick my boot up his ***. Next thing I know, I catch him bunked up with squirp one night, and he didn't even have the decency to stop what he was doing. he just looked at me with those menacing eyes, it was awful.
    Dear Squirp,
    Soon, this could all be banned from our wonderful FF? It could be X rated ?
    Thank you, for the compliment on my sense of humor ! Yes , I do have one.
    Goodness knows we all need it-now and then. Ha !
    I’ve been thinking. Your sweet girl is all grown up now! Leave her be and let her go !!!!
    She has better things ( way better things) to do than to stare at you through the glass.

You’ll see , it will all work out. Just listen to the music !!!!!!!
    Current Collection

Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"

Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Squirp

I retract my consideration, and question the antagonism I've provoked.

Nationality
    [United States]

I retract my consideration, and question the antagonism I've provoked.
    Not necessary, no antagonism here !
    Current Collection