Thread: Free to good home- Xenopus borealis local pick up or pay shipping!

curiousfrog

Default Free to good home- Xenopus borealis local pick up or pay shipping!

hi, I have three beautiful X. Borealis frogs and 3 X.?(slightly larger than borealis). X. Borealis(pure) is small, about 1.5" to 2" max, and X. ?(slightly larger than borealis) is around 2" max. They are free to a good home, as I can no longer care for them-have been too busy at work.
    If someone's willing to take all of them, I can pay for their shipping; for individual frogs, I kindly ask that you pay for the medium USPS priority shipping($7.50 with tracking#)
    You can also pick them up for free locally as well- I am located in Boston, MA.
    Name:  frogs2.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  72.5 KBName:  frogs.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  71.2 KBName:  frogs3.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  61.6 KB

X. Borealis is the one that looks like darker grey. They have metallic silverish hue on their tummy, quite beautiful. I dont know if they are male or female, but I do know that at least one of them croak(sounds like s ping pong ball, really loud) and the brownish frog doesn't croak, thus must be female. The one that I dont know which species, is the one that looks brownish. both are smaller species of the xenopus frog. Borealis frogs were purchased by me as a froglet, about a year old.

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Free to good home- Xenopus borealis local pick up or pay shipping!

Hi, I can take all of them if you like. I currently keep Laevis, Borealis, and Tropicalis. I live in RI, If you want to meet in the middle I can take them this week
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

curiousfrog

hi there!
    thank you so much for replying- I can ship them to you, and I will cover the shipping if someone can provide a home for all of them. You can send me a PM with your shipping address, and I can send them out this week. The frogs will be packed separately and I will place them in the Styrofoam box to insulate them from cold.

Nationality
    [United States]

Are you sure you want to ship them? I have no problem driving up to meet you somewhere - I just have no city driving in me and Boston terrifies me as far as driving lol

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

curiousfrog

hi Jenna,
    I just realized that it is only about an hour drive to rhode island! But I can't drive(no license! I Know, but there is MBTA in the city...) but my husband does,, so I will have to ask him when I get home tonight before committing to you.
    But if he can't or wont, I can ship them out via UPS overnight box(I do have very nice thick styrofoam box that I can use from work- I work at a lab). All 6 frogs can fit into the box in their individual container with heat pack.
    I remember the froglets arrived with lots of moistened sponges in their container, which is how they will be packed to you.

Nationality
    [United States]

Sounds good - I sent you a PM with my personal email also. If I don't respond here I can respond there quickly - it goes right to my phone.

Polleni98

Pm sent.

Nationality
    [United States]

They are already in a new home

Polleni98

Have you received them yet or getting them. Can u ship

Nationality
    [United States]

I have already received them and am not going to be selling these particular frogs. They will be kept as pets instead of breeding stock.

Thread Information