Thread: Question about food

4mb3r

Default Question about food

I will be getting a pacman frog and was curious about what some good food items where besides crickets?(I will be getting crickets too, just not really wanting to run out every other day for em!) I have tons of mealworms for my leopard geckos, I was wondering if it was ok to feed them to a pacman friequestly, or would it be something to do sparely? If not, what all would be good to feed them as a main source of food?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mafoo

Default Re: Question about food

mealworms isnt good frequently as they have a hard shell so its hard for the pacmans to digest but once in a while they are good. some good food items besides crickets would be nightcrawlers since they last for a long time in the fridge and are great for the frogs and are a good staple food. another good food would be dubia roaches if you can get them/breed them. those would have to be the best thing to feed as a staple but theres many more. another thing would be this pacman food thats powder and you wet it and you get this goop that you feed to your frog on tongs and its supposedly really good for them but i wouldnt feed it as a staple but just for a treat every few feedings itd work good. heres a link to the site that sells that pacman food to (its from japan to by the way) =TOP= of PacmanFood.com

IvoryReptiles

mafoo about said it all.
    You can also feed silkworms, hornworms, phoenix worms (for froglets).
    Make sure the food items are appropriate sizes for the frog.

4mb3r

What the size rule of thumb? the space between there eyes? Sorry if I sound like a noob lol. I just wanna make sure I do everything right for this little guy!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by 4mb3r View Post
    What the size rule of thumb? the space between there eyes? Sorry if I sound like a noob lol. I just wanna make sure I do everything right for this little guy!
    For froglets and young frogs the distance between the eyes is the best rule of thumb. When they get older they can handle larger prey until then use the between the eyes rule.

4mb3r

Quote Originally Posted by mafoo View Post
    mealworms isnt good frequently as they have a hard shell so its hard for the pacmans to digest but once in a while they are good. some good food items besides crickets would be nightcrawlers since they last for a long time in the fridge and are great for the frogs and are a good staple food. another good food would be dubia roaches if you can get them/breed them. those would have to be the best thing to feed as a staple but theres many more. another thing would be this pacman food thats powder and you wet it and you get this goop that you feed to your frog on tongs and its supposedly really good for them but i wouldnt feed it as a staple but just for a treat every few feedings itd work good. heres a link to the site that sells that pacman food to (its from japan to by the way) =TOP= of PacmanFood.com
    You say its from Japan? Do they **** it to the US or are they located in the US for US shipping? lol sounds stupid, but ive read good things about this food. May give it a try

mafoo

i know its from japan but i think they have a US store and you can order from there and i think the link i gave you is to that store. i havent ordered it yet but it says it ships everywhere and prices for shipping shouldnt be to bad

4mb3r

Ok, thanks!!

4mb3r

Are Red Wigglers much different compared to earth worms? I got the red wigglers today(as well as coco fiber so I can get him off the moss he came with) because they are a big smaller. I figured with him being so mall theyd be easier to eat

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by 4mb3r View Post
    Are Red Wigglers much different compared to earth worms? I got the red wigglers today(as well as coco fiber so I can get him off the moss he came with) because they are a big smaller. I figured with him being so mall theyd be easier to eat
    Red wigglers are smaller. Better to try with babies because of this. They are a type of earth worm that is smaller than regular earth worms and way smaller than night crawlers.

Thread Information