Thread: Frog Glee

FrogColony

Default Frog Glee

Looking to setup in time a large colony of darts who have an awesome call. I DON'T want any designer frogs just naturally occurring and as for size I'm little unclear on. I know there a thumbnail and 2 other sizes? Which species would people put on their top 5 for calling and of those which ones from an interactive society?

I see:

LEuCS
    Strawberry poison dart frog (Dendrobates pumilio)
    teal ones which I personally am not drawn to.
    blues ones Azureus
    a bicolor yellow top and blue legs but I can't find it. wasnt Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus 'Quality Captives Line'
    Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus

Other questions:
    Also how much tank space do I need per frogs? As for which one I'm interested in it's a nice caller.
    How much does a tank of X gallons weigh? is this something i can put on a desk or do I need a fish tanks stand?
    can I have multiple males or are they territorial of all females
    How about cats? My cats love my chameleon's crickets and some times watch him to closely for my comfort. Will I find them trying to get frog legs for dinner?

Recently we had a week long power outage how would impact dart frogs? I know my panther chameleon was at risk on organ failure due to sub 60 indoors temps. Do frogs suffer the same fate?
    What if one of the frogs is a pest are there a large number of frog keepers to find him/her a new home?

Thanks and I did search the forums but didn't find the info clearly available.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

FrogColony

Default Re: Frog Glee

These were the yellow and blue I saw before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWAAzRRAP

Badger

The size depends on the frog you decide on, though a good rule of thumb is 10 gallons per frog. Leucs are common and do well in groups. And the linkto the video didn't work, but I'm pretty sure the frogs you described are a D. Tinctorius morph, such as cobalt, or blue jeans. My cat doesn't bother my frogs, though it depends on the kitty. Most tanks can be on a dresser or table without issue, unless it's HUGE.

FrogColony

After talking to thee Josh of Josh's Frogs Leucs seem to be my best choice for call/colony.

Badger

awesome pick.

Thread Information