Thread: adding suppliments to water?

Squirp

Default adding suppliments to water?

This is a curious question.

Considering we condition our water to dissolve the heavier toxic elements in our water that toads can't digest via whatever solution you've been recommended.
    I was considering the idea that we could dissolve vitamins into our water as well, for example vitamin B, Calcium, or maybe Magnesium. clearly this is a far stretch to assume our very primal counterparts can handle our human dietary needs, but is it safe to say that some vitamins might be helpful if not beneficiary to our amphibians health?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Poly

Default Re: adding suppliments to water?

It is better if you dust your toad's food with a Calcium & Vitamin powder, I am unsure, but as far as I know, dissolving vitamins in their water supply does not work, they will not absorb them through their skin.

~Royce

Squirp

So basically your saying, I'm not going to magically win any toad beauty contests if i dab a little bit of Vitamin D and E in their bubble bath?

I'm concerned because I'm not confident marketed products treat different types of water the same. Not that there isn't anything wrong with mine, it follows a modern industrial process except for the occasional 1 part per million that leaks in from the chemical plants. I was just curious if typical water conditioning wasn't something that could be improved on. Something to consider, I'll have to learn more about their water, then maybe one days I'll feel confident enough to take in a frog.

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by Squirp View Post
    So basically your saying, I'm not going to magically win any toad beauty contests if i dab a little bit of Vitamin D and E in their bubble bath?
    No, sorry I can't guarantee that!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirp View Post
    I'm concerned because I'm not confident marketed products treat different types of water the same. Not that there isn't anything wrong with mine, it follows a modern industrial process except for the occasional 1 part per million that leaks in from the chemical plants. I was just curious if typical water conditioning wasn't something that could be improved on. Something to consider, I'll have to learn more about their water, then maybe one days I'll feel confident enough to take in a frog.
    Well, if your improving upon the "quality" of the water, adding vitamins is not the answer, that's just another additive. Where do you get water from, a town supply?

See, I get my water from a sand point well, so it's very clean, and 100% additive free water, thus I don't have to worry about the quality of the water because it is the same as the water they would use in the wild.

Honestly though, as long as the water is chlorine and chemical free, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever, and considering toads do not spend that much time in water anyway, it's not a huge concern.

Just make sure they are getting their Calcaium & Vitamins, and they'll be fine.

~Royce

Thread Information