Thread: Frog emergency

AuroraB4Dawn

Exclamation Frog emergency

I need help ASAP! My frog is litterally flipping and jumping, going crazy in his tank. I don't know what he is doing. he makes very aggressive kicking gestures and is throwing himself into the glass walls. He makes a grunting sound when hes doing this. The nearest vet is closed and the "ER" clinic is miles away. I dont know what is going on if anyone has any idea please help!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frog emergency

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB4Dawn View Post
    I need help ASAP! My frog is litterally flipping and jumping, going crazy in his tank. I don't know what he is doing. he makes very aggressive kicking gestures and is throwing himself into the glass walls. He makes a grunting sound when hes doing this. The nearest vet is closed and the "ER" clinic is miles away. I dont know what is going on if anyone has any idea please help!!
    What kind of frog is it? Where is your enclosure located? Do you have 3 sides of the enclosure covered with a background? Is it too hot in the tank or is there something in there that could be irritating the frog? Is somethig scaring it? What took place before this occured?

AuroraB4Dawn

Im afraid it's too late, R.I.P Nitis . He was a northern leopard frog, the enclosure is on top of a night stand in front of a window theres regular earth as substrate. No only one, I was planning on building a new enclosure. Well I was at work, so I don't know what happened, He was a rescued frog. I believed he had red leg so my bf and i used very little Doxycyclin in his water to bathe him for a day. I took him to the vet and they prescribed me Gentamax to bath him in with water. I did as prescribed and he was better, hopping and finally eating on his own. Then I came home this evening and he was going through a seizure.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB4Dawn View Post
    Im afraid it's too late, R.I.P Nitis . He was a northern leopard frog, the enclosure is on top of a night stand in front of a window theres regular earth as substrate. No only one, I was planning on building a new enclosure. Well I was at work, so I don't know what happened, He was a rescued frog. I believed he had red leg so my bf and i used very little Doxycyclin in his water to bathe him for a day. I took him to the vet and they prescribed me Gentamax to bath him in with water. I did as prescribed and he was better, hopping and finally eating on his own. Then I came home this evening and he was going through a seizure.
    What were you feeding him? Maybe he had a bad reaction to the meds, but I can't be sure. Possibly a neurolgical problem. A lot of frogs suffer from those. I'm very sorry for your loss. You could still take him to the vet to see if they can figure out what happened. Again I am sorry.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear of your loss. I applaud you for the effort you made in you attempts to rescue him.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Thread Information