Thread: Bottled Water - Is it safe to give?

LizardMama

Default Bottled Water - Is it safe to give?

With my first frog I gave Bottled Spring Water to (it's the kind you get from the store, I also give this [prefer to do so over tap water] to my lizards and have had no problems with them), is it safe to give this type of water to an Amphibian or should I go ahead and purchased a de-chlorinated product?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sublime

Default Re: Bottled Water - Is it safe to give?

Yeah, bottled spring water is fine, but more expensive. Cheaper alternative is going out and buying a dechlorinator for your tap water. Tap water does contain some salts and minerals that Spring Water doesn't have depending on where you live. My advice - go out and buy Reptisafe, and follow the directions depending on the amount of water you are using to dechlorinate. You won't have any problems.

LizardMama

Thank you Sublime! I use Bottled Spring Water for my lizards in the belief that it's better for them over what comes out of the tap (the water stinks, honestly, and I don't want water that comes out stinking given to my pets as they might get sick), I'm also asking this as I want to start out fresh, I don't want to end up after a month of purchasing my frog to find him/her going the way poor Octavian went (temperature-wise I have that figured out, I'm purchasing a Heating Pad [I have one but don't trust it as it's old]).

Sublime

By the water stinking, do you mean like a strong chlorine smell? Tap water filters de-mineralise most of the minerals commonly found in our water supplies that produce a smell or taste. If it smells really bad like yours though, it's a smart choice to go with your gut.

Spring water gallon jugs are fairly cheap so you probably don't mind the expense of feeling comfortable knowing that your herps have clean water. I understand and your welcome.

LizardMama

I mean it stunk! Enough to curl your nose up. We boil our water but I still don't trust it. I don't buy the gallon jugs, I purchase the small bottles of Spring Water, cheaper.

Sprout

I bought spring water in bulk from Costco for my Pac. Worked out pretty well and cheaper than buying from the shops!

Capojames

bottled water seem to be the best way to go i use it for all my scaly buddies

Thread Information