Thread: Shipping pacman frogs to canada

mafoo

Default Shipping pacman frogs to canada

i really am wanting a ornate pacman frog but at all the stores near me i can only find fantasy pacmans and green pacmans. since i really want a ornate one, im planning on shipping it through mail, or however you guys do it. was going to write this in the trade forums but that just didnt seem like the place. has anyone shipped to canada or in canada here since im worried about the shipping animals across the border and how much shipping will cost. i live in alberta canada if that helps u get a better estimate of the price. please give me some help here so i know where to go for my ornate frog since petsmart/petland and none of my other local nonchain petstores have them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: shipping pacman frogs to canada

Did you ask if they could special order them at the non chain stores?

mafoo

not yet but now that you mention it im probaly going to push asking just to see, but im going to see if they will do it at my local pet store that i know is very very good with there reptiles because the chain pet stores just dont seem very reliable if you ask me, but ill give it a try after i check my local one. still would like to see if theres any people i can find that will sell to canada without problems or are in canada and will ship to me, cause ill take that over a pet store for sure!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by mafoo View Post
    not yet but now that you mention it im probaly going to push asking just to see, but im going to see if they will do it at my local pet store that i know is very very good with there reptiles because the chain pet stores just dont seem very reliable if you ask me, but ill give it a try after i check my local one. still would like to see if theres any people i can find that will sell to canada without problems or are in canada and will ship to me, cause ill take that over a pet store for sure!
    I don't know of any. I'm sure that someone who knows of someone will chime in.

Poly

This is where I'm buying my Tomatos and Pacman frog from, it's a Canadian Mail Order Pet store. The owners name is James, he's great to deal with!

Captive Herps - Canadian mail order reptiles | SmugMug

Oh, and he carries Ornates

Poly

Oh, and "Canadian Feeders" went out of business, and someone else took over, but you could order your insects from me, checkout my website, the link is in my signature.

mafoo

already bookmarked your site and the pacman frog site. come december when i get my frog ill be ordering nightcrawlers from you regularily and ill be ordering my pacman to then! thanks so much and im so glad somebody came and helped out!

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by mafoo View Post
    already bookmarked your site and the pacman frog site. come december when i get my frog ill be ordering nightcrawlers from you regularily and ill be ordering my pacman to then! thanks so much and im so glad somebody came and helped out!
    Thankyou! And, no problem, glad I could help! I'll have to get the winter-heat pack shipping figured out, but I'll get it all set-up for when you order! Which nightcrawlers did you have in mind? The Canadian's ship best in winter.

mafoo

id go with the canadian nightcrawlers, and do they really ship best in winter? i always though u couldnt ship them in the winter. well i geuss if you can keep them in the fridge it wouldnt be a big deal. as long as you have the winter shipping figured out by december youve got regular business from me! also another thing, i read on his site that he only accepts emails for orders. is there any sheet i have to fill out and how will it get delivered to me? i live in a small town so i doubt they will do the door to door shipping thing i seen on there site. well maybe i could get it delivered to a friends, but id rather not so just wondering how you do it when you order your frogs.

Poly

They ship good in winter because they like cooler temperatures, but 1 to 2 heat packs in the box will be required, it's about 5$ extra per pack, I'll let you know. (Could you please send me your e-mail address via my website?)

When dealing with James aka Captive Herps, just e-mail him, let him know what you want, and the quantity of which you want it (i.e. 1 Ornate Pacman frog). Then provide him with your mailing address (Including your PO Box #, your postal code, your city, etc.), and ask for a quote with shipping + tax for the frog you want.

He normally uses Canada Post's Ex-press mailing service, but for live animals, it's only available until October 31st. If you want to get the frog now, he will have it shipped via Air Canada's delivery service, which is subsequently higher in price. This is how I will be recieving my CB Tomato froglets.

~Royce

Thread Information