I just rescued one sad little ADFroggy. He now lives with my 2 inch fancy goldfish in a 40 gallon aquarium. I'm learning a lot about ADFs pretty quickly thanks to the internet. I'm trying to do my best to make an ideal living situation for both goldfish AND ADFs.

The tank has a newish double filter, on the lowest setting. The frog seems to stay on the opposite side of the tank from the filter where its calm. The filter needs new media. My toddler has a cold so I haven't been able to make it to the petshop to see what they have.

The tank has one large fake coral decoration with lots of hiding spots. The frog seems to spend most of his time in there.

HOPEFULLY I will get out to the one pet shop in town that sells ADFs tomorrow and get:

Another ADF for him to be best buds with
1 or 2 fancy goldfish (1-2 inches)
some sort of algea eating critter?! (i read about snail horror and those algea eating plecos get pretty big so I don't know?!)

I don't have a heater. The water is definitely colder than what I imagine is comfortable for an ADF. (The tank was designed for fancy goldfish). I have one of those water level kits, I'll do that tonight after my toddler goes to bed and post the results.

What would be the best way to introduce the new froggy I plan on buying to my current setup? The pet store I called said they also have albino ADFs. Is that possible. I hope they actually have ADFs and not just the ACFs?! I'm new to froggy lingo.

Anything else I should know?

OH AND feeding. Right now I'm just feeding the frog/tadpole pellets from the previous owner. I also have a 10 year old Red Earred Slider turtle (in a seperate 150 gallon tank obviously) and she has a bunch of dried food. I don't know if any of it is frog safe. just pellets mixed with dried fruit and things that look like bugs.