Thread: Could my new FBT Oscar be on steriods? :^)

tearsmith

Talking Could my new FBT Oscar be on steriods? :^)

Hello again!

I wanted to get an opinion about my new male Oscar. I am not sure whether fire belly toads come in a very wide range of sizes, but this one makes me think maybe he's of a different sub-species. He's the big brownish green one. I added the bottle cap just to give a reference. The belly shot is NOT taken from a weird angle. He really is that fat!!!

I looked up Bombina Bombina pics and he doesn't quite look that brown, but he's definitely fatter and nobblier than any Orientalis I have seen or owned. Maybe you guys have some ideas?

Name:  IMG_0763.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  66.3 KBName:  IMG_0765.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  84.2 KBName:  IMG_0766.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  86.5 KBName:  IMG_0788.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  86.3 KBName:  IMG_0834.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  79.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Could my new FBT Oscar be on steriods? :^)

He's just fat. I had a female that was about like that. She was the brown variety. Looks like he's been stealing food from that little dude .

ScumBum

I think hes just a fat *** . The other toads look like they need more food .

tearsmith

Quote Originally Posted by ScumBum View Post
    I think hes just a fat *** . The other toads look like they need more food .
    Yes, they did. I have been feeding them a little more than normal since I got them. Unfortunately, the only petstores around here that sell these is Petsmart, and we all know what that means. I can't tell you how many very sick, almost dying frogs some have. I have had to tell more than one manager how to care for them and they had no clue, it's ridiculous. Anyway, they are getting bigger now. I started supplementing with waxworms and extra crickets and they are better.

But yes, Oscar is just plainly a fat***. He likes to lay around and call and eat and rule the tank. But... when that lid comes off he moves faster than any of them to the top of the filter.... Sneeky, stealthy and super fast.... who knew!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by tearsmith View Post
    Yes, they did. I have been feeding them a little more than normal since I got them. Unfortunately, the only petstores around here that sell these is Petsmart, and we all know what that means. I can't tell you how many very sick, almost dying frogs some have. I have had to tell more than one manager how to care for them and they had no clue, it's ridiculous. Anyway, they are getting bigger now. I started supplementing with waxworms and extra crickets and they are better.

But yes, Oscar is just plainly a fat***. He likes to lay around and call and eat and rule the tank. But... when that lid comes off he moves faster than any of them to the top of the filter.... Sneeky, stealthy and super fast.... who knew!
    Chain stores are natorious for improper care and environment for their reptiles and amphibians. They also house different species together that one will most definetly eat or poison the other. They usually don't listen when you complain.

artes

Just keep that little froggie away from Tokyo. Godzilla-frog SMASH!

Thread Information