Thread: Mom and dad acf meet their babies

lisaann177

Default Mom and dad acf meet their babies

Hello! I just wanted to let you all know that I took a chance and put my acf babies in with their mom and dad. Guess what...It went great. I have been keeping a eye on them every chance that I can. Since the tank is in my living room. I am constantly going past it from room to room everyday all day. They now are eating freeze dried blood worms and also live red worms from my worm farm. I can't believe how big some of my females are getting now. Actually some of them that I thought were females are actually males. They are finally big enough that I can tell the sex for sure now on most of them. It's so cute cause when they are all sleeping...mom, dad and babies. They all cuddle up together in the back left corner by the heater. It is going to be hard to part with the babies. I have grown very attached to all of them. When I open my all glass top...they all come up and sit on their lilly pads and look at me. Some of the bigger babies will let me rub their backs very softly. I will miss them very much. So here are the new videos of my ACF FAMILY. Hope you enjoy them.

Thank You,
    Sincerely,
    lisaann177
    Last edited by lisaann177; October 20th, 2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: can't see or find attachments on post

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Mom and dad acf meet their babies

Very cute - - your rocks have me a bit nervous - it looks like one of your babies could easily get stuck underneath them....How big is your tank?

Another question - what type of plecos do you have? Your tank is not large enough for two of most species and it looks like you have common plecos - these grow up to 12-18" long and need to be housed in a 100+ gallon tank due to their size and waste production.

Anything under 25 gallons should not have plecs and after that you are limited to what species and how many...Also they need driftwood (not just like it but actually NEED it for their wellbeing)
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

4. This member thanks Jenste for this post:

Wojtas

Very nice tank.I agree that is too small for plecos,good only for frogs.

6. This member thanks Wojtas for this post:

lisaann177

Quote Originally Posted by Jenste View Post
    Very cute - - your rocks have me a bit nervous - it looks like one of your babies could easily get stuck underneath them....How big is your tank?

Another question - what type of plecos do you have? Your tank is not large enough for two of most species and it looks like you have common plecos - these grow up to 12-18" long and need to be housed in a 100+ gallon tank due to their size and waste production.

Anything under 25 gallons should not have plecs and after that you are limited to what species and how many...Also they need driftwood (not just like it but actually NEED it for their wellbeing)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello! The rocks are real and very heavy. My adult acf can't even move them any. My tank is a 29 gallon. Can't remember the name of my plecos but I do know that they are the most common kind. I have 5 of them but three are in a different tank. They all belong to my older sons who have moved out a few years ago and I have ended up taking care of them for some time now. I love plecos and they are fun to watch. But, I no longer want them and now I understand why I can't keep my tank clean for more than just a week at a time. I am forever doing full water changes. I have a 55 gallon that I am getting ready to place all of my acfs in.
    Also, I recieved a message of someone finally wanting to buy some of my baby acfs. What website can I go to so that I can get the shipping supplies and instructions to do live shippments? I've never done this before. Kinda Nervous-to me they are all my babies! I started out with 98 tads and only have 20 make it to baby frogs. So I am very, very, very attached to each and every one of them. They all have their own personalities.

Thank You,
    Sincerely,
    lisaann177

lisaann177

one question...did you see the videos that I had posted? I can't find them on my posts.

Thread Information