Thread: I have toooo many Curly Wing Flies - anyone in the UK interested?

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Question I have toooo many Curly Wing Flies - anyone in the UK interested?

Hi, my Curly Wing Fly culture has exploded and I am going to have so many flies I have no idea what to do with them all Is there anyone out there (better be in the UK dont think they would ship even if it was permitted) who wants some - perhaps to start your own culture? These flies are mostely in the pupa stage but will hatch very soon. My frogs could never eat all the hundreds and probably thousands of flies which are about to hatch. Does anyone else have the same problem I seem to be getting with all my cultures that is I seem to either have too many of something or none at all! Anyway let me know if you would like some of the flies it seems a pity for so many to go to waste.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

filardimarg2

Default Re: I have toooo many Curly Wing Flies - anyone in the UK interested?

Hi, Yes, i'm very interested, I live in Warwickshire, tell me how much you would like for them & P & P please.

Marg.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

Hi Marge,

Great excitement here, I had given up on finding anyone! The flies are free but I would like to get P & P back. Unfortunately in the last week the flies have been emerging from their pupa's in mass and I am a little concerned about sending live flies as I had trouble with flies not surviving transport when I started my culture. Do you have experience with these flies? I found the following helped me keep them alive:

http://www.jangala.co.uk/Curly winged fly culture webpage.htm

I hope the link works but you may need to type it in if you're interested. As I was saying lot of the pupa's have now hatched you are lucky I was going to ditch the remaining cultures and cull the flies this last weekend but we only hve a rubbish collection every two weeks and because this was not a collection week they all got a reprevive!!

How would you want them sent? Special delivery (which is expensive) or take a chance with first class? Also I was wondering how many? If it is quite a few I thought I would send a trial package and see how many survive transport!! If you were you thinking of starting your own culture; I would be happy to help with advice and passing on my experiences. Well I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Jay

filardimarg2

I have no experience, but they are for my Daughter to feed to her chameleons, i might keep a few to feed to my pacman frog.
    As for how many....well i haven't got a clue, but a lot, she has well over a hundred chameleons!!!
    So i would pay for them to be posted 1st class post but will u send them to her if i give u her address??

Marg.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

Hi,
    Gosh, that is fine. I am just trying to work out a secure way of getting them to you as I need to put them into containers where they will not be too crowded (a big no with flies they dont like too many neighbours - results in mass die off!) I'm off to the shops now but will get back to you later.

Jay

filardimarg2

Thats great thanks, is there any way u can get them to me by Thursday, my Daughter is coming so she could collect them if u sent them to me, do u know how much "next day" delivery is??
    Marg.

Thread Information