Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing your pac mans color?

ConVexity

Question Changing your pac mans color?

I heard it's possible to brighten or darken your pac mans color by changing it's surroundings and food.

True or False?
    Explain?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Changing your pac mans color?

Quote Originally Posted by ConVexity View Post
    I heard it's possible to brighten or darken your pac mans color by changing it's surroundings and food.True or False?Explain?
    If you feed your Pac with a vitamin supplement that contains beta carotine it will brighten your Pacs lighter colors.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

hmm~interesting. Grif any brand you might suggest us to try? Diggy is getting a little dark, not that it's in a bad way, but i do like it a little brighter like when i first got him.=)

IvoryReptiles

They tend to darken up if kept on coco fiber too. They will change color as they mature.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by gundam009283 View Post
    hmm~interesting. Grif any brand you might suggest us to try? Diggy is getting a little dark, not that it's in a bad way, but i do like it a little brighter like when i first got him.=)
    The brand we use is Rep-Cal. The product is called Herptivite with Beta Carotene. As far as vitamin supplements go, I haven't heard anything bad about any other brands so any one should do. Just make sure it says it's for amphibians.

Food will effect their colors too, although I don't know which types of food are best for bringing out which colors. I have heard that if you feed the crickets lots of carrots, apples, and other things like that and then feed those crickets to your frog, that it can accentuate your frog's colors. I would be very interested to hear if a particular food works best. Actually food can affect the skin pigment of alot of animals. For instance, flamingos are usually pink because their diet consists mostly of shrimp. (The ones at my local zoo are a dirty whitish color because they don't get alot of shrimp. Bleh.) Even humans can have this happen. Too many carrots can tint your skin yellow. Too many tomatoes can turn you orange-ish. (So don't drink too much V-8! You'll look like you got a bad fake tan! Haha!) Anyway, it's probably hard to tell. You wouldn't want to feed your pacman too much of any food. It's healthier to have diversity in their diet.

Eel Noob

With fishes beta carotene helps bring out the orange and red colors while spirulina helps with the blue and greens.

Nationality
    [Armenia]

I don't know if this would help but I gut load my crickets with carrots and then feed them to my pac

BG

Very good ,you did your home work.lol It should be the same with anything even us. Don't forget the environment helps too. Like the ground,surroundings. Thats the way nature made it so they can survive better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    With fishes beta carotene helps bring out the orange and red colors while spirulina helps with the blue and greens.

BG

We are what we eat. yes sir,it trikles down to the next host
    Quote Originally Posted by tikonides View Post
    I don't know if this would help but I gut load my crickets with carrots and then feed them to my pac

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

i have heard that people put paprika in dart frog's food to enhance the red or orange, i believe it do the same to pacman too
    but I want green...guess i'll go get some more bright green stuff for him.=)

ah ha!!found the videoVideo: Paprika Supplements for Poisonous Dart Frogs | eHow.com

Nationality
    [United States]

Hmmmm I wonder if you fed the crickets blueberries and you have a samusai blue pacman and fed the crickets to the blue pac if the blue hue would stay and not turn to green later on. Seems like a good experiment for color pigmentation.

ConVexity

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Hmmmm I wonder if you fed the crickets blueberries and you have a samusai blue pacman and fed the crickets to the blue pac if the blue hue would stay and not turn to green later on. Seems like a good experiment for color pigmentation.
    where can I buy that stuff?
    What's it look like...
    Post as pic?

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by ConVexity View Post
    where can I buy that stuff?
    What's it look like...
    Post as pic?
    You can get the frog at an expo if Samurai Japan Reptiles is vending there or buy from there site - SAMURAI JAPAN REPTILES. It's a morph C. Cranwelli. Also some of the other booths might carry a few that were traded into them if you get lucky.

Name:  samurai.jpg
Views: 4269
Size:  213.2 KB

I went to the NARBC in Anaheim and they had an semi-adult Samurai Blue for $50 that was still full blue, no green coloration.

BG

That is a great find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    You can get the frog at an expo if Samurai Japan Reptiles is vending there or buy from there site - SAMURAI JAPAN REPTILES. It's a morph C. Cranwelli. Also some of the other booths might carry a few that were traded into them if you get lucky.

Name:  samurai.jpg
Views: 4269
Size:  213.2 KB

I went to the NARBC in Anaheim and they had an semi-adult Samurai Blue for $50 that was still full blue, no green coloration.

Sublime

Yeah, honestly I wish I would of picked it up at the time... I'm not into morphed pacmans anymore though, just not natural and there's always a chance of discoloration paying extra money for a morph.

ConVexity

I thought you meant I can buy a food and change it's color

Nationality
    [United States]

This is what I use for my babies. They get a little sprinkle once a week on their crickets .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

ConVexity

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    This is what I use for my babies. They get a little sprinkle once a week on their crickets .
    I have calcium with d3.
    What is up with that stuff tho?
    Anything extra?
    What's it do?

Nationality
    [United States]

I use this every other feeding. The herptivite is like a multivitamin for them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

IvoryReptiles

The D3 helps them to absorb calcium easier. It's vital to nocturnal animals who don't get full sun exposure normally. The beta carotene will help with orange,red colors brightening up, but there are really no foods to enhance or change the colors of the Pacs. Enjoy what Nature gave him, it changes as he matures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information