Thread: Milky frog.

Paperboy

Default Milky frog.

Just joined the site. I thought i would get into a frog based community so this site was my favorite choice. I just bought a milky frog, its a juvenile so it's very small. In fact, it actually got through a crack of the aquarium cover, at night, but luckily it jumped onto my finger for safety. Now it is properly sealed to prevent another escape. The frog is in a 30gallon tank, with artificial leaves, and some artificial branch furniture. I use coconut fiber for substrate. The first night as been very well, its been jumping and exploring all over the place, but i really don't know if it has eaten yet. I put a bunch of very small crickets inside, so who knows. The heat is normally around 75 F(I use a heat pad), and it is always humid inside. I also setup a high up hiding place for the day time to sleep on, he loves it, he was on it for around 3 hours.

I ordered the frog from Reptmart.com, they shipped it to me from Florida to Ohio.
    I'm going to need some tips and pointers fast, so i give proper care for this little guy.
    Any constructive criticism is needed.

I will be posting some pictures of him soon.

Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Milky frog.

It seems a bit cold for them in my opinion. Regarding if it's eating, you need to count the crickets you put in. Keep an eye on the frog's weight too.

If you can get hold of it, I've got a care article in the May 2011 edition of Reptiles Magazine, all about this species. You can buy a digital copy of the magazine here: Reptiles - May 2011 - Volume 19 - Number 5

As soon as the contract expires (November 2011) I plan on posting a version of the article here on Frog Forum, but obviously you will need to make arrangements in the mean time.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Paperboy

My dad thinks ill fry the little guy if i put the red heat bulb on, i guess hes wrong. Ill put the bulb on in the day. I put a bunch of crickets in, i didn't count, but next time i will. I also tried to feed him with tweezers, he just doesn't seem interested. I'm feeling really doubtful of his survival. And for weighing him, ill have to find some scale in the basement.

Nick

Badger

Amphibian Care >> Amazon Milk Frog (Trachycephalus resinifictrix) Care The author of this article has been working with amphibians longer than I have been alive, so everything should be accurate. The Amazon milk frog is a tree frog I believe, so it would be beneficial to the frog if there is a lot of branches/leaves/hides higher up in the tank. The article should cover a lot of basic care, but keep in mind every frog is different, so some things may be frog specific. I have never owned an amazon milk frog, so don't dwear by my words, just trying to help out asap.

Paperboy

Thanks for the help, thats the article i looked at when i bout my tank. Yah, i think hes eating at night so that's good.

Paperboy

Thread Information