Thread: My firebellied toad is a ninja!!!

mafoo

Default My firebellied toad is a ninja!!!

today i came home from town and i went to look at my froggies and see how they were doing, and i found one right away chilling out on the log i got in the tank and i could find the other. so im looking away i turn the light on and this brown thing catches my eye, and sure enough my first frog ice tea, which is barely active and doesnt do much at all, climbed all the way up to the top of the tank!!! i have leaf strings that you normaly would have in a tree frogs tank, and he was sitting up there just like i see tree frogs do at the pet store. i got no clue how he got up there since my really active firebelly wouldnt dare attempt to get up there. after i checked him out i was shocked and he jumped down from the very top of the tank and lands on the log i have for him and hes jumping around like a really active frog. ive had him for about 2 months and ive never seen either the active one juicy fruit, or the lazy one that sits in the corner all day and sometimes goes in the water, go up that high and be that active. first time ive ever seen that frog jump!! nows hes just loving the tank a whole bunch and having fun! kinda exciting having a really active frog! never got a picture since he jumped off so quick but if he does something like that again ill take a bunch of pictures!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Nice!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: my firebellied toad is a ninja!!!

That's funny ....reminds me of my two female Wood frogs who become "acrobats" as a result of a thunderstorm (drastic changes in barometric pressure can result in highly increased activity levels in frogs). They took turns sky rocketing themselves 9 inches into the air and clinging on to the terrarium hood (which was made of wire mesh material), and haning on to it with their front fingers....kinda like someone on the mokey bars!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol!!!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

mafoo

Default Re: My firebellied toad is a ninja!!!

hey that might be the reason my frogs are like that! storm is coming today according to the weather network so i think i got an answer! those wood frogs seem kinda crazy doing that cause i couldnt see my firebellys doing that ever! i gotta say thatd really be neat to see!

Firebelly love

Aww, thats kinda cute/cool all wrapped into a nice froggy pack!

heyjude2200

Name:  IMG_0736.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  38.2 KBHere's another ninja!

mafoo

lol that is absoulutely epic! my firebellies were attempting that the same day they climbed the leave but they could barely make it have of that far up!

heyjude2200

Name:  IMG_0834.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  87.6 KBI have 7 fire bellies, and this one, Motley, is a riot. He has actually climbed all the way to the top a couple of times. This is a pic of his latest -- I put a new plant in, it's about 12" tall, I looked a while later & that's Motley up near the top.

mafoo

so a few days ago i forgot to lock the screen lid to my cage, and of course the ninja firebelly ends up climbing out! lifted up the lid pushed it over then climbed out and i still cant find him! its crazy and im still looking for him

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

I hope you find your frog!! Loosing a frog is no fun :/.
    (4.0.0)
    Whites Tree Frog (1.0.0)
    1.1.0 Mixed breed dogs

Badger

I hope you find him quick...put some water dishes around the house, maybe you'll find him in there?

mafoo

already got that all done and he still didnt show up... i think he got outside somehow but idk.... yesterday i got a new one but he can never replace ice tea, my first actual pet that didnt die within 5 days.....

Thread Information