Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Baby! :D

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default My New Baby! :D

Hey guys!

I went to an expo in Houston today. I called ahead of time to make sure that they would have some Pacman Frogs. I got there and they only had babies, quarter sized. I was hoping for a bigger one, but that was all they had. I can't say that I am upset about that, though. Malcolm was that size when I got him. I got a beautiful albino Pacman Frog today (my only Pacman Frog), and I so happy to finally have a Pacman Frog again!! I missed so much having a large fat frog waiting for crickets, and lazily sitting around!

He (I assume it is a he for now, but obviously I'm not sure) is doing great! I was going to try a stab at feeding him tomorrow, but I just couldn't resist giving him something to do (he looked so bored ). I dropped in the cricket and wallah! a preditor ! Took him 3 minutes to catch his first cricket (the expo people fed him some kind of isopod looking thing), and I even got him on video!

I know they are supposed to be able to digest the cocofiber Ok, and I know handling them hurts their immunity, but I am wondering if I should do feeder tank for now until he is about a month. I am a little worried about impaction, but I also don't wont to tax his immune system. I know this is kind of a grey area, so I just want to hear some opinions. Afew opinions never hurt anything.

I am so excited and I can't wait to get some pictures up!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Armenia]

Default Re: My New Baby! :D

Nice ! I'm looking forward for the pics !

BG

Metree I'm so happy for ya. You saved a poor little pacman. Yey. He is fine in your hands. Can we see pics of the grow out setup, and romeo himself.lol Keep him warm and humid at 80F/65% to keep him hungry and he can shed easy. Cocofiber is fine. small water bowl is goof dusted crickets is good. Wigglers are great.

Nationality
    [United States]

I second Tiko and BG. I'm happy that you have another Pacman. The little guy will never replace Malcolm but it help to fill the hole in your heart. Congrats on the little one. Hope to see some pics soon. I wouldn't worry about the coco fiber. I have a baby on it and feed the little guy/girl on it and no problems. Just break the hind legs off the crickets and hell easily catch them. Congrats again.

Jcal

I cant wait for the next show in LA! I plan on adding to my collection as well. Decided on a brown pac and another pixie.
    Get those pics up!

IvoryReptiles

If you decide you just have to get another one, we will be vending the SA show in November........drop by even if you aren't getting one and we can meet & talk frog!!
    Congrats on the new baby!!

BG

Go ahead rubb it in.lol . Just kidding . I would love to be outhere with you guys. Sounds like tons of fun.lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks so much for the advice and the kind words! I am so glad to have a Pacman Frog again. I can't wait to watch this guy grow! I would absolutely love to go to the show in November, but unfortunately I don't drive yet, and it was hard enough getting my parents to take me to this show. Not to mention I had to do 1 1/2 semister of high school math, 1 1/2 of high school science, and 1/2 semister of Spanish I in about 16 days just to prove that I was responsible enough to get another Pacman Frog (homeschool rocks!) LOL. If it were up to me, I would love to, but I don't think I could make it this year.

I am sorry for the lack of pictures! My computer is having serious issues right now uploading anything from my computer to the internet. I didn't realize that until I stayed up until after midnight last night trying to get the pictures to upload. Thankfully, overnight I got 1 picture to upload to my photobucket, so maybe that will come up for us.

Sometimes looking at pictures it is hard to believe the little guy is only quarter size. I wish I could get more up, but hopefully I can correct that later today. For now, here is a sneak peak!

Nationality
    [United States]

Adorable! Like a little lethal ball of sunshine! So happy for you!

Off-topic: I homeschooled too. Whenever I wanted something in highschool (like a pet, for instance) I had to write research papers or essays rationalizing why I should get it. Fun times.

Nationality
    [Armenia]

Nice pick up ! Looks a lot like mine !

Nationality
    [United States]

A lethal ball of sunshine is right LOL! Looking at the picture, he looks so innocent, so docile, fragile even. If you watch the videos (that I can't upload right now), it just goes to prove that THERE IS NOTHING INNOCENT ABOUT THIS VICIOUS LITTLE MONSTER!!! Hahaha! XD

I can't believe how hungry this guy is. I have always read,"it often takes around a week for a baby Pacman Frog to adjust". Malcolm was hunting by his second day (LOL), and this little guy, even after arriving at the expo, sitting there being tormented by Pacman-ignorant people for an hour and a half, and then after the hour and a half drive back home, which doesn't include the McDonalds stop on the way, he still eagerly consumed a cricket less than 6 hours after moving to his new home. He also gobbled down 3 crickets this morning, which I also have a video of.

I really hope I can get a video up today or tomorrow. My internet has absolutely and quite literally 0bps upload speed right now. Maybe I can take my family out and use some free resturant wi-fi and get the vids uploaded there.

My little guy does look alot like yours, tikonides. I think yours is probably abit bigger, though. I couldn't resist an albino, they have awesome red eyes and beautiful yellow and orange colorations, pictures don't do justice.

Sprout

Congratulations! I'm glad you have another pacman! sounds like he is off to an awesome start!

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks Sprout, I sure hope he is.

Ok guys, I have created the 1 picture video (with about 5 pictures on it *rolls eyes*) and the 2 feeding videos. Hopefully I will have access to some better wifi later tonight or tomorrow. It is driving me absolutely crazy having this awesome Albino Pacman Frog and not being able to get any media up on it other than that photobucket picture that downloaded overnight. *sigh* Hopefully I'll get that up soon!

Nationality
    [United States]

Pictures!! I am sitting in a resturant sipping some Dr.Pepper working on free wi-fi. I finally got some pictures online.

In this last picture, he looks like a cornuta to me LOL.

I am uploading some vids to, but no telling if the broadband will hold until I get those finished. Hope you guys enjoy the pics with more to come later!

BG

Metree congrats on your precious find. He is a head turner.I like the yellow cream orange combo he has. He will grow to a beautiful pacman. Keep him fed and happy. When i was a kid,the more i wanted animals as pets the more my parents said no. They were so strict,I had to sneak in snakes,frogs and hamsters. I kept them and they never found out. No matter how good i was. My need to be with animals started when i was 2. I would sleep with a koi in bed.. It wasn't real of cause.lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Metree congrats on your precious find. He is a head turner.I like the yellow cream orange combo he has. He will grow to a beautiful pacman. Keep him fed and happy. When i was a kid,the more i wanted animals as pets the more my parents said no. They were so strict,I had to sneak in snakes,frogs and hamsters. I kept them and they never found out. No matter how good i was. My need to be with animals started when i was 2. I would sleep with a koi in bed.. It wasn't real of cause.lol
    LOL, I thought about buying my dream taranchula, a Mexican Redknee, and sneaking it past my dad at the expo the other day, but I definately decided not to. That would be the end of my animal career if he ever found out. I always tell them that if I got a Taranchula, they would never even know it was there! Only when I brought it up! I mean they don't eat that much and they can live in a kritter keeper for goodness sake! Oh well LOL.

Speaking of feeding the little guy well...it has been awhile since I have had a (baby) Pacman Frog. How many medium (1/2"-3/4") crickets do you reckon I should be feeding it a day? I hear that they will stop eating when they need to, and the 15 minute rule, but this guy hopelessly devours anything that moves, and it is amazing watching those medium crickets all get sucked up into a quater-sized black hole. I don't want to have to worry about impaction from the crickets and substrate. What do y'all think?

I got 2 videos uploaded on my Channel tonight, but unfortunately I was way behind on uploads, so I didn't get to my Pacman Frog videos. I thought I'd have time to do those, but the wi-fi was too slow. I really wish you guys could see this little guy in action.

Sprout

Great pics, hard to believe he is so small!

Coco fibre should be fine in my opinion when hunting crickets, it's great he has such a good appetite.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yay! Another resturant wi-fi visit!

Here are the new vids;
    Baby Albino Pacman Frog Pics (10-1-2011) - YouTube (same pics I posted here)
    My Albino Pacman Frog's first cricket! - YouTube (first cricket)
    Feeding my Albino Pacman Frog (again) - YouTube (yesterday's feeding)

I didn't record today's 3 cricket massicure. Maybe one tomorrow. Subscribe if you have a Youtube account!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hehe, the little guy gave me a scare earlier. He disappeared on me LOL. I only have an inch of cocofiber (more to come later), and he disappeared in that little amount of substrate. I checked under the kritter keeper (which is clear), and I couldn't even see him under there. So I was about to lift his water dish to make sure he didn't get squashed under there when I suddenly saw two small pieces of suspicious looking pieces of cocofiber. I didn't realize the albinos could be camoflodged LOL. I put the lid back on without disturbing him any more.

Last night I turned the lights off earlier than usual and he came out of the substrate just like I thought he would. All is well.

I know the videos were kind of fuzzy and boring (but we are Pacman Frog owners, we've all been there ), but no comments on the first videos?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by MeTree View Post
    Yay! Another resturant wi-fi visit!

Here are the new vids;
    Baby Albino Pacman Frog Pics (10-1-2011) - YouTube (same pics I posted here)
    My Albino Pacman Frog's first cricket! - YouTube (first cricket)
    Feeding my Albino Pacman Frog (again) - YouTube (yesterday's feeding)

I didn't record today's 3 cricket massicure. Maybe one tomorrow. Subscribe if you have a Youtube account!
    That is one adorible little Pac.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information