Thread: Live Plants with FBT

eocsorymmot

Question Live Plants with FBT

Is there any plants I should avoid, either aquatic or terrestrial plants I need to know about? I am in the planning stage of my tank and I have a good layout figured, I just need to find some easy low light plants to add for both the wet and dry sides... My problem is I am pretty limited in LPS (Local Pet Stores) and pretty much am stuck with Petsmart/Petco for plants... I will probably use a couple fake plants as well as the live plants.

So any good suggestions for plants, and is there any plants I must avoid?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Live Plants with FBT

Pothos (Epipremnum aureum) can be use both in the land -and water section. Just make sure that it's not entirely submerged. Lucky bamboo (Dracaena sanderianai) can also be used in both sections. As always when using live plants, be sure to clean them thoroughly and remove as much soil as possible, since they often contain potentiality dangerous fertilizers.
    Both are very common plants and you can probably find them in your local plant-store or supermarket.

s6t6nic6l

Default Re: Live Plants with FBT

land: ivy is great as it is hardy and as it grows you can "train" to cover where you want like crevices, vines and such. priority is good soil drainage for whatever "houseplant" you get. pool: anubias will not fail to be a good addition to the pool/water section. attach to a porous rock (flatter the better) with twine until it roots get a grip by itself. with the right water it will flourish and provide shelter as well as a refuge in the pool. one of my FBT's always sits on the bank underneath a leaf with its head peeking out for some reason. as stated the leaves are nice and broad to rest on comfortably.

Thread Information