Thread: Defensive Pacman vid

BG

Default Defensive Pacman vid

This is how they get stressed out,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Poly

Default Re: Defensive Pacman vid

BG!? Are trying to start the Evoultionist vs. Creationist debate again!?

Some people just don't take care of their frogs...

Poly

Why, instead of hissing, is this one croaking when it's touched?

BG

Only one of my pacman do this just by looking at him. He's not the ones i grew from the size of a quarter. The others dont even move.

SkeletalFrog

Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    Why, instead of hissing, is this one croaking when it's touched?
    If it's male, it could be a "release call" - a special call some male frogs make when accidentally clasped by another male for amplexus, essentially saying "Hey, get off, I've got no eggs!"

7. This member thanks SkeletalFrog for this post:

IvoryReptiles

We raise most of all our Horned frogs from tadpoles here........some are aggressive no matter what.
    I have yet to have any vocalize when we are feeding or handling them, but we try to keep handling to a minimum.
    We have some that will make clicking or gulping sounds when they know feeding time is upon them......yes, they have our routine down by now.
    Right now, we have over 60 tadpoles that are emerging a few at a time each day, they get a 2 to 3 day break from food until the tails are absorbed and the mouths form fully before we even offer food. They are so freaking CUTE!!!
    The smallest froglets will get jumpy at first, but a week into being in rotation of feeding schedule, they settle down and get used to the hands & tongs coming their way.

I have noticed that our most aggressive frogs tend to be the females.......our oldest breeding female is named Jello and I should have named her Psycho Serial Biter!!

BG

Very intererstiing info on real life pacman behavior.. Thankyou guys.

Sprout

My Pac croaked like that once when I moved him for cleaning. Hasn't done it since and was very confusing at the time! It's a shame that people feel the need to deliberately stress their frogs out like that...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Kind of strange, I was viewing this thread John posted awhile back just last yesterday. It has a bunch of videos of Pacman Frogs getting angry. I don't know why or how people can be so mean to animals sometimes.
    http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...man-frogs.html

BG

It tells you alot about these people. They have no heart,brain,and no ethic morals. I'm sorry,but they need to go back to school and get a class on ethics. They have no respect for our world and everything in it. This people are called socialpaths. They cant tell the diffrence between good and bad.

Nationality
    [Netherlands]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

At first our cranwelli did the same thing. I've allready seen agitated pacman frogs, so I found him starting croaking really strange. So now I know he thought I was making a move on him.
    P.hosii/G.riobambae/S.couchii/C.cranwelli/B.orientalis/R.humboldti/M.klappenbachi

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Niels D View Post
    At first our cranwelli did the same thing. I've allready seen agitated pacman frogs, so I found him starting croaking really strange. So now I know he thought I was making a move on him.
    HahHa.lol

Thread Information