Thread: Baby Green Cranwelli regurgitated and pooped?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Baby Green Cranwelli regurgitated and pooped?

My little Green Cranwelli baby I rescued just regurgitated a whole cricket and a partially digested one. What's wrong with the little guy? I've never seen this happen before. I hope its not bad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Baby Green Cranwelli regurgitated and pooped?

We've found that some of our froglets just don't like the cricket legs. We will feed them bits of night crawlers until they get a bit larger. You could try that and see if he keeps that down. If he regurges the worm.....time for a vet.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    We've found that some of our froglets just don't like the cricket legs. We will feed them bits of night crawlers until they get a bit larger. You could try that and see if he keeps that down. If he regurges the worm.....time for a vet.
    It doesn't take food from forsepts and I immediately soaked the little guy/girl afterwards and he/she pooped. Poop looked normal. Its stressed. Right now and don't know if it will take food. What should I do?

BG

Let him rest tonight. Keep him warm at 80F and bit more humid at 75%. Feed him earth worms for now. Looks like the crickets don't seem to like the little guy.Give him soft food for now. He's going to be allright.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Let him rest tonight. Keep him warm at 80F and bit more humid at 75%. Feed him earth worms for now. Looks like the crickets don't seem to like the little guy.Give him soft food for now. He's going to be allright.
    Maybe the worms I fed him/her made him/her sick. Crickets too. Are red wigglers the same as earth worms? They're in a moist mossy saw dust like earth. When I cut them they have kind of a powerful smell almost like a defence to ward off being eaten. They only get about 3 inches long and that's it. I hope they aren't what did this.

BG

Where did you get the wigglers from? the smell is weird. I never got worms that smell.

Nationality
    [United States]

Where did you get the wigglers from? the smell is weird. I never got worms that smell.
    The same petsmart I rescued the Pac from. I've had them since Grif first got sick. They were small then and only fed Grif 2 while we had to force feed him. They are a huge pain to hold and try and force feed so we stopped giving them to him. The smell could have been from the earth they were packed in. I'm really worried for the little guy/girl. Grif never regurgitated anything. Should I not have the baby on coco fiber or is that fine?

Nationality
    [United States]

Well I didn't get the little guy/girl to eat anything I wanted it to. I purchased a new bowl of wigglers/wax worms/meal worms. I tried small wiggler nada. Tried a small wax worm zip. The moment I drop a squirming meal worm in CHOMP! Gone. Could only get him/her to eat one though. I left a couple small crickets in to try again. If the cricket didn't agree with the little guy/girl's belly I would think a mealie would be worse but he/she ate something so that's good.

BG

He is picky. At least he ate something. Thats what he likes. I gave my ornate and cranwelli meatballs tonight.lol The recipe i made for them. Whats funny is the pixies chase the balls , and eat them. I through them next to them and they attack the meatballs.lol

Nationality
    [United States]

He is picky. At least he ate something. Thats what he likes. I gave my ornate and cranwelli meatballs tonight.lol The recipe i made for them. Whats funny is the pixies chase the balls , and eat them. I through them next to them and they attack the meatballs.lol
    Lol! That would be an awesome video. Yeah it seems the little guy is picky. Hopefully not too bad. There are only so many options and I m worried to try and force feed one so small and young not to mention its just getting used to my fiance and I.

BG

You don't have to go that far . He ate so thats what matters. Let him digest it . He'll be fine.

13. This member thanks BG for this post:

Thread Information