Thread: I need to stop posting...

ben7ani

Default I need to stop posting...

The two red eyes I have come from the same breeder and are the same batch. One is about an inch and a half possibly, looking healthy cant see spine bone etc nice bright green colours starting to come through well. The other frog is still small (around 1 inch) and isnt looking as plump and healthy as my other frog, I can see the spine bone which suggests he isnt eating well.

I have moved him/her into a cricket/locust tub (the kind you buy at the reptile store) with a few leaves to climb around on and chucked 5/6 crickets in there. Is it ok to leave my frog in this tub over night just to keep to food close to him/her and give him/her more chance of eating? There is obviously no water source in there currently, so is it worth perhaps putting small pot of water in there with him? Or leaving him/her in the tub for a couple of hours at a time before moving back into the main vivarium with his friend.

Will this be ok to continue doing until I know he/she is eating. I know its a small enclosure (i.e. a cricket/locust tub from my local reptil store) but my frog is still only small anyway. Or will it stress my frog out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kreamcheese

Default Re: I need to stop posting...

Definitely put some kind of water in there. Don't want him drying up. I would put him in there for a little bit, not overnight. Others may be able to help further.

Kurt

Default Re: I need to stop posting...

Keeping it in there overnight will be fine, as long as the frog has access to water and cover. I would also have both frogs checked/treated for gastrointestinal parasites.

Thread Information