Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are some of the most common mistakes new pacman frog owners make?

Ebenezer Frothingham

Default Re: What are some of the most common mistakes new pacman frog owners make?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Hornworms are tasty, lol! Had them on my ice cream last night, hee hee! Jk ! Ha ha!

I figure most pet owners have sampled their pet treats

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: What are some of the most common mistakes new pacman frog owners make?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    I figure most pet owners have sampled their pet treats
    Lol! Nope that's not really the case when it comes to your frogs. Probably would taste good fried though. I've eaten scorpions and they're crunchy. Not bad really.

Ebenezer Frothingham

Chocolate covered grasshoppers are actually quite good. never had one raw though..

IvoryReptiles

As a rule, we offer our froglets & juveniles food nightly. The adults eat every 3 to 4 days.....they eat bigger meals and need more time to digest them.

One of the most frequent problems I have come across is new owners not knowing they MUST use de-chlorinated water!!!
    The frogs absorb vitamins & nutrients through the skin......as well as any harmful chemicals. We prefer Prime as a de-chlorinator for our use. It is the best so far and is very cost efficient for the number of frogs & tadpoles we keep & raise.

BG

Quote Originally Posted by ivoryreptiles View Post
    as a rule, we offer our froglets & juveniles food nightly. The adults eat every 3 to 4 days.....they eat bigger meals and need more time to digest them.

One of the most frequent problems i have come across is new owners not knowing they must use de-chlorinated water!!!
    The frogs absorb vitamins & nutrients through the skin......as well as any harmful chemicals. We prefer prime as a de-chlorinator for our use. It is the best so far and is very cost efficient for the number of frogs & tadpoles we keep & raise.
    i use pondcare brand ,chlorine heavy metal neutralizer dechlorinator. 16 oz treats 9,600 gal for 7.99. How can you go wrong. In my past 30 years in fish keeping i tried everything.stress coat is a joke.some chemical are a big ripoff. But thats from my experience.

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    i use pondcare brand ,chlorine heavy metal neutralizer dechlorinator. 16 oz treats 9,600 gal for 7.99. How can you go wrong. In my past 30 years in fish keeping i tried everything.stress coat is a joke.some chemical are a big ripoff. But thats from my experience.
    We'll look into that BG........the Prime has been good for us. Here in Texas our water is heavily chlorinated and the Prime has been the only one to get the levels we were looking for so far. But I am willing to buy some Pondcare and test it!

BG

Please let me know cause we have heavily chlorinated water here in ny. This stuff is concentrated.

pmang6

How might I go about feeding crickets?
    Should I just drop them in there (the terrarium)?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    We'll look into that BG........the Prime has been good for us. Here in Texas our water is heavily chlorinated and the Prime has been the only one to get the levels we were looking for so far. But I am willing to buy some Pondcare and test it!
    I use Tetra Fauna Aquasafe for reptiles and amphibians. As far as I know it works fairly well. I guess my frogs would be dead if it didn't. I want to look into Prime though. A good track record for breeders of multiple frogs says a lot for a product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information