Thread: HELP PLEASE ! ! ! Red Eyed Tree Frog not doing well this morning...

CloudDMS

Default HELP PLEASE ! ! ! Red Eyed Tree Frog not doing well this morning...

I posted last week about my new red eyed tree frog having light green spots on his back. He seemed to be doing ok but this morning he seemed very tired and inactive. The green dots have spread to almost his entire body, I have posted more pics. The girl at the reptile store in my area said that this is normal but I'm just really worried. He doesn't seem to have an energy, tho I do believe he is eating all that I give him, I have yet to see him actually eat something... Someone please help...Do I take him to a vet??? Any help or advice would be much appreciated...

Name:  IMG-20110920-00586.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  152.7 KBName:  IMG-20110920-00590.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  106.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: HELP PLEASE ! ! ! Red Eyed Tree Frog not doing well this morning...

I've had a few red eyes in my time and not a single one has ever looked that way. The fact that it started small and then "spread" seems like some sort of fungus or bacteria, that with the lack of energy... When were sick we have no energy and dont want to eat so... I would have a vet look at him. Thats just me maybe some has seen this before idono

Poly

Your in Toronto... best bet, don't let them "suffer" anymore, take them to a vet, you actually have vets that can see frogs where you are, where I am, the closest vet like that, form me, is a 1000 km drive.

CloudDMS

Thank you for the advice, I have made am appointment for him to see a vet this afternoon. I hope he makes its, I just had my best friend go and check on the tank, and he's alive but not moving at all...Has been in the water fountain all morning...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Good luck and hope the vet can hel your little friend.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Nationality
    [United States]

I hope he can help your little guy .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Poly

How did it turn out?

bshmerlie

Five days ago you posted a thread asking this exact same question. It is a bacterial infection that will not go away on its own. I gave you the email address to a vet, a phone number to a vet and the exact name of the medication that has been used to treat this particular infection successfully in the past. May I ask WHY you have not had the frog treated yet? He is unlikely to recover at this point. Considering how hard these frogs are to come by in Canada this is a tradegy.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Did you just buy these? Sometimes they can look like this under extreme stress. I have 5 of these gorgeous frogs - when I brought home my male, he looked a lot like this. Consider the environment - have you moved them around too much? These are happy frogs but do not do well with extreme stress or change. Good luck.

Thread Information