Thread: Pacman night vision?

Ebenezer Frothingham

Default Pacman night vision?

Since my Pacman burrows by day and is up and about at night, i think Ill feed him/her at night from now on- Should I keep on some sort of light so he can see the crickets, or do Pacmans have good night vision?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BG

Default Re: Pacman night vision?

I just got up and guess what. My two baby pacman are up hunting in the dark. My baby pixie is under under sleeping but his mouth has sensers.if a cricket goes by he will snap. So yes they do have great night vision

Sublime

Yes pacman can see at night regardless if there is light. A night time bulb is beneficial for you and the frog in three ways. You'll be able to correctly feed him knowing how much he ate, viewing, and a source of heat for him at night to keep temps up. A preferred bulb for night time is a red or blue incandescent bulb to not interrupt his night time cycle.

Ebenezer Frothingham

I watched my pacman go after the remaining crickets after dark- not only did my frog find every last one, but did so with light speed. For a creature that likes to sit in one spot for an entire day, Pacmans can be VERY fast when going after food. I've noticed a ritual, when I turn the lights on in the morming, my pacman immediatly burrows- so I think I'll definatly hold off on feedings until its time for me to go to sleep & the lights are out.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    I watched my pacman go after the remaining crickets after dark- not only did my frog find every last one, but did so with light speed. For a creature that likes to sit in one spot for an entire day, Pacmans can be VERY fast when going after food. I've noticed a ritual, when I turn the lights on in the morming, my pacman immediatly burrows- so I think I'll definatly hold off on feedings until its time for me to go to sleep & the lights are out.
    That is best. Pacman frogs are nocturnal. I have a timer that turns the lights out after 12 hours of day and I switch to night time bulbs so I can see what my frogs are doing. After 12 hours of night those lights go out and the day time ones come on. Its important to give them a 12 hour day night cycle like they would have in the wild. Yes they can be quick when they want to be. They can also jump mor than 5 times their chubby body length if they want to.

Eel Noob

These frogs prey on other frog and insects in the wild and these types of prey mostly comes out at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post

Just me but I like to be able to watch my frogs hunt and eat, it's just part of what makes this hobby more enjoyable.

Thread Information