Thread: help with african claw/dwarf froglet, he still wont eat.

hanluem

Default help with african claw/dwarf froglet, he still wont eat.

Hi guys! I have what I am told an African dwarf frog but after doing lots of internet research I am more leaning towards them being african claw frogs as they have webbed back feet but single digits for front legs.

Anyway .. I have a male, I borrowed a female and I tried to rear the eggs. I didnt havemuch success I fed them on liquifry2 and drops of boiled squished up liquidised spinage.
    One of my tadpoles got hair in his mouth a single strang that must of dropped in the water so I thought his days would be numbered for sure. It turns out he was the only one of about 20 eggs that survived long enough to get back legs. That was around 4 months ago.

In the last fortnight he has grown front legs.. I had given up on him because he wasnt developing as tadpoled are meant to grow a lot faster than he has. but he now has front and back legs and his tail is getting shorter by the day.

The problem is I cant get him to eat! He still seems to filterfeed Ive tried live daphnia, live blood worm, and he shows no interest at all. Ive tried getting him out and putting him in a small container so that the food is more or less taking up most of the water but still he wont eat!
    He's super small about the size of your thumbnail

What tips can you give me to get him going?
    Many thanks Name:  290651_160810170670848_100002255983052_310061_1195748007_o.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  43.6 KB pic of my froglet in super zoom.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Angus

Default Re: help with african claw/dwarf froglet, he still wont eat.

dont worry about him he will stop filter feeding in about a day or two judging on the stage he/she is in. and afert he stops you wont need to feed him/her untill the tail has gone back in. thats when it will have apitite.

Angus

Default Re: help with african claw/dwarf froglet, he still wont eat.

sorry. i forgot to mention why he/she wont eat during the time its tail goes in.
    its because its gets its food and energy from its tail. its body feeds off the tail during metamorphoses. its kinda cool if you ask me.

5. This member thanks Angus for this post:

Thread Information