Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Safe silicons?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Member Rukufox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Eastern U.S.A For now
    Posts
    61
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Safe silicons?

    The tank that I'm going to use as a frog vivarium has a leak somewhere in bottom of it, and seeing as I wanted to have some sort of a water feature I know I need to fix that up. I just need to know if there are any tips and if there are specific sorts of silicon I shouldn't use and if there are sorts that I should use. All help is greatly appreciated!
    Proud animal lover. <3
    4 cats
    1 budgie
    1 fish
    2 American toads
    Been a vegetarian for the past four years and I'm not looking back.

  2. #2
    Sublime
    Guest

    Default Re: Safe silicons?

    Aquarium sealant found at a Petco or at any hardware store should do the trick and will be amphibian safe.

  3. #3
    BG
    Guest

    Default Re: Safe silicons?

    Be careful with silicone. Get the brand from ace hardware 100%.with out the new mold killer chemical included in GE brand. Get the DAP100% silicone rubber sealant clear 50 year guarantee. Its the blue ,black tube. This topic has come up recently when people use silicone for there backgrounds.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Safe silicons?

    I could only find two types and all they said was safe for aquariums (constantly submerged) so I got that.

  5. #5
    Member Rukufox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Eastern U.S.A For now
    Posts
    61
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Safe silicons?

    Okay thank you muches, it's nice to know that I wont be poisoning any frogs. ^.^
    Proud animal lover. <3
    4 cats
    1 budgie
    1 fish
    2 American toads
    Been a vegetarian for the past four years and I'm not looking back.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Union Bridge, MD
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Safe silicons?

    You better investigate whether you will have to scrape off the old silicone completely before putting another coating on top of the old...I don't think that will work...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Safe plants
    By Elwynn in forum Fire Belly Toads (Bombina)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM
  2. Is this water safe?
    By Whistly in forum Vivarium, Terrarium & Enclosure Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 19th, 2011, 07:17 AM
  3. Safe trees
    By bramblebun in forum Vivarium, Terrarium & Enclosure Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
  4. Safe fertilizer????
    By rudd03 in forum Vivarium, Terrarium & Enclosure Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 14th, 2010, 04:11 PM
  5. Is it safe
    By volcom19961995 in forum Food, Feeders, Live, Frozen, Culturing, etc
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 7th, 2010, 06:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •