Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help me out

nebraskaz71

Default help me out

Picked up my first pixie today, ive always had pacmans and various other critters and saw this caged with another pixie and had to save it. I'm not sure if its a dwarf or not, petstore swore it wasnt but you guys are the experts. Dwarf or giant? Male or female? Its a little over 4" right now and eats like crazy compared to my pacmans. Having a hard time taking good pics. Has orange under the legs but its seems to have a fairly solid stripe so far.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jcal

Default Re: help me out

Looks like a giant to me

Sublime

It's a giant. What was the name of the place you picked it up from, and what were their living conditions like? Looks more like a male to me, maybe get a few other opinions from other people. Have you read over the care sheet on them yet? Frog Forum - African Bullfrog - Pyxicephalus adspersus - Care and Breeding. It will help you get a better understanding of how to properly care for it, you said you've had other frogs so you probably have enough of an understanding, but it's still good to check out.

BG

What a nice male ,good for you. I love him whats he's name?
    Quote Originally Posted by nebraskaz71 View Post
    Picked up my first pixie today, ive always had pacmans and various other critters and saw this caged with another pixie and had to save it. I'm not sure if its a dwarf or not, petstore swore it wasnt but you guys are the experts. Dwarf or giant? Male or female? Its a little over 4" right now and eats like crazy compared to my pacmans. Having a hard time taking good pics. Has orange under the legs but its seems to have a fairly solid stripe so far.

nebraskaz71

Ive got the care covered I believe, Ive been wanting one for years and finally had to get this one. He's in a 20 gallon long tank on bed a beast and moss with a large water dish. I do have him under flourescent lights is that ok? I actually got him/her from petsmart for 30 bucks. They had two housed together, one was quite a bit smaller so I'm not sure how that worked but id seen it for a couple weeks now and finally couldnt resist. Was really convinced it was a edulis but maybe I am wrong They didnt know how long they'd had it or how old but with his current appetite one hour after being home, i'm kinda hoping he gets huge!

Sublime

These frogs don't require uv lighting, a regular 50-55 watt incandescent bulb instead of fluorescent will do just fine. Yeah I heard about Petsmart carrying giant pixie frogs; I thought they didn't sell them anymore due to no demand or people complaining about the size they got up to without knowing. I don't recommend people to buy from large chain pet stores, but at least your happy and your frog is living in a much better condition eating good.

nickc

male giant

BG

Talk about a score. Nothing surprises me from petsmart. Good for you brother. What petsmart was it so i can go and get the other one. lol
    Ive got the care covered I believe, Ive been wanting one for years and finally had to get this one. He's in a 20 gallon long tank on bed a beast and moss with a large water dish. I do have him under flourescent lights is that ok? I actually got him/her from petsmart for 30 bucks. They had two housed together, one was quite a bit smaller so I'm not sure how that worked but id seen it for a couple weeks now and finally couldnt resist. Was really convinced it was a edulis but maybe I am wrong They didnt know how long they'd had it or how old but with his current appetite one hour after being home, i'm kinda hoping he gets huge!

Sublime

Haha you would too George, I wouldn't doubt it. You would travel to the ends of the Earth to get a good deal or just another frog. Ok...maybe not the end of the Earth, but you know what I mean.

BG

These chain stores are something else . Petco had 2 Madagascar giant day geckos for 120 each. The next day they had them on managers special for 30 bucks. I jumped on that deal. For some reason I'm always getting good deals thank god for that'. I think because of the economy people are not going to pay full price. These are hard times for people and getting a pet is a bad idea. Pet stores are hurting right now.This is a time for the buyer.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Haha you would too George, I wouldn't doubt it. You would travel to the ends of the Earth to get a good deal or just another frog. Ok...maybe not the end of the Earth, but you know what I mean.

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    These chain stores are something else . Petco had 2 Madagascar giant day geckos for 120 each. The next day they had them on managers special for 30 bucks. I jumped on that deal. For some reason I'm always getting good deals thank god for that'. I think because of the economy people are not going to pay full price. These are hard times for people and getting a pet is a bad idea. Pet stores are hurting right now.This is a time for the buyer.lol
    Yes, you are one of those people that thrive off of the economies down fall haha. Not to mention, an upcoming 2 failed stimulus plans to create 0 jobs. But, lets not talk about politics. You're like the sneaky quiet person in the back that comes out of nowhere in the perfect timing to just screw everyone's day over haha.

nebraskaz71

You guys are making me really excited about what I might have ended up with ! haha Male giant would be awesome. Normally I wouldnt buy from petsmart either but when I saw two housed together and his size I had to save his ugly cute ***. I was actually in there trying to find a 90 gallon fish tank lol I came home with something better though imo. Atleast it wasnt petco, I refuse to do business with them, I have reason to believe they are responsible for the death of my pacmans. Had several of them that were 10- 12 years old perfectly healthy, picked up some crickets at petco one day, fed my frogs and the next day they all died.

BG

Oh man what a bummer. But yea you the man!! this petsmart is in Nebraska? just curious.lol
    You guys are making me really excited about what I might have ended up with ! haha Male giant would be awesome. Normally I wouldnt buy from petsmart either but when I saw two housed together and his size I had to save his ugly cute ***. I was actually in there trying to find a 90 gallon fish tank lol I came home with something better though imo. Atleast it wasnt petco, I refuse to do business with them, I have reason to believe they are responsible for the death of my pacmans. Had several of them that were 10- 12 years old perfectly healthy, picked up some crickets at petco one day, fed my frogs and the next day they all died.

nebraskaz71

Yep omaha, nebraska

BG

Yep omaha, nebraska
    Do they ship lol.

nebraskaz71

Not sure (402) 333-1048 give them a call lol

Sublime

Lol, don't get George started.

MonsterPyxie

wtf really?

anyway, good looking pyxie you got there. I was thinking male too when I first saw the pictures, and im just learning how to tell them apart.

nebraskaz71

what about a tree frog?

BG

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Lol, don't get George started.
    Mark .you're right. People underestimate the froggy addiction.lol. I'm in frog rehab right now.lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information