Thread: Pacman won't eat(no impaction visible)

TypingMonkey

Default Pacman won't eat(no impaction visible)

Pacman has been acting too shy and scared, he's had a mouse 5 months ago, I'm doing just rodents because takes me 30 minutes for me to feed him like 2-3 worms. He's just got out but again he won't take the mouse and hes' back under. No stool for like 6 months but no impaction visible on his body and he's still fat. Any suggestions? He's been acting too scared to eat it seems ever since I got him out for a soak, he's never been the same. I thought time would make them more comfortable but he's like almost 2 years old and he's more shy now then he was when he was a baby pacman.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BG

Default Re: Pacman won't eat(no impaction visible)

Rodents= complications. Explain the setup. Temps,Substdate ,water bowl.ect.

Guenhwyvar

Only rodents? You do know they aren't supposed to really have them, that's why they're only given as a treat once every couple months, right? Maybe he's tired of his food fighting back, crickets are easily eaten and don't fight like a mouse does. Some pacs don't like worms, have you tried any other more healthy diets? Does he have hiding places? is the temp/humidity right?

TypingMonkey

Sorry about that temp is high 70s, humidity 80. He gets earthworms usually but it would take me like 30-45 minutes to feed him like 1- 3 worms, and the only way he eats them is if they are tong fed, if I leave them on the substrate he never goes for them and they dig in the soil. Hiding place, I mean that's all he does is hide in the substrate, the substrate is the hiding place, I put once a hut, and he avoided it, seemed like he was scared to go inside it.

The rodent I feed are dead and frozen, and this is because feeding worms is a pain in the ***, crickets he doesn't even eat and since he only gets tong fed, if one escapes they'll go after him I feel and he'd never go and try to eat them.

BG

Mice is not your answer . Get some spearing from your fish vendor and give it to him. Mine eat large minnows 4 inches and they love them I keep them in freezer and thow them and they love them. But how big is your pac?

TypingMonkey

My pac is 4 inches it's a female I actually have a picture of her here in this forum, I'll try those fish and see how he takes them, he's under now though so might be another couple of months I don't know.

Guenhwyvar

What I mean by hiding places is plants. even fake plants draped on the sides and a on the ground will make your pac feel more secure. My guy only hides when his plants aren't over his head. i have a small canopy using live plants.

BG

I have a shy eater. But, im on him like a hawk.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Do you only feed your Pac rodents and nothing else as a staple? If so only feeding your frog like once a month or longer would severely slow your Pac's metabolism. This would make her eat less and not only that make her kind of sluggish. You should have your frogs normal temp at least 80 degrees F 85 at most during the day. The humidity is fine. As the others said rodents as a staple is bad for frogs especially Pacmans. The fat build up can cause serious health problems including obesity, blindness from the fat build up, and various other nutritional problems. Was the water that you soaked your frog in tap water and if so was it treated with a water conditioner to make it safe for your frog? Try other foods like meal worm, but only as a treat as their exoskeleton can be hard to digest. Horn worm are excellent food for Pacs. Mine cant resist them. Horn worms are expensive though. Try Dubia cockroaches as well. Rodents should never only be the sole food source. Do you dust your frogs food with vitamin dust and calcium dust? Use the advice given on this forum from the members and let everyone know if it corrects the issue.

Thread Information