Thread: Pacman baby help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    reptilegirl

Unhappy Pacman baby help!

I bought a Pacman baby frog last sunday for my birthday. He still hasnt ate and looks skinnier than a pacman should be.

I've offered small crickets and mealies. No response. I came in from work tonight moved his soil to find him and he out of no where died on me and kicked his legs out and opened mouth and no breathing. Then I put him in warm/lukewarm water and he came back to life!

I'm SO confused and new to frogs! I have lizards, just never had a frog.

His temp is 76-78 I don't have an undertank heater yet because I didn't know how it would be with his medium kritter keeper.

Tomorrow I'm going to get him one in the morning from my work. Will it melt the plastic at all? And will the UTH help him eat?

BG

Default Re: Pacman baby help!

He sounds like he's laking in nutrients. you also have to keep them warm,especially the young ones. The temp should be at 80.especially when they are in this condition.You might have to force feed him to get him going. I had the same problem when my ornate came home with me in may. The cool temps got to him. Also can we see your setup or if you can tell us what you have him in. Also check the care sheet on the forum.

reptilegirl

He is in the Medium KK, a shallow dish, and a half log. I forgot to get him a plant so Im subbing my half log for him right now. Let me get some pics for you right quick.

I did try force feeding and he just stuck his hand in his mouth and shuved the food out. I have him covered right now sitting near/not super close to my bearies heat lamp just to get some little heat til tomorrow AM for the heat pad.

Should I upgrade him to a LG kritter keeper for the mini heat pad or will it melt?

*EDIT: PICS*
    Name:  296427_2081039395452_1529070319_32130884_1232559628_n.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  65.6 KB
    bean's house

BG

Can you take apic of your little guy. How big is he.Try some luke warm water about 80 degrees. Not tap water!!. let him soak for alittle bit Maybe he need to poop.

reptilegirl

i soaked him a good 20 minutes and he hopped around a lot. He actually pooped a few days ago I saw it and had a "aww a poop" moment :P.

Here is some pics hope these are clear

BG

Go to walmart and go to the fishing and tackle dep. and get the trout worms. They are wigglers . He will definitely go for them . Also he has to be warm so his metabolism gets fast.

BG

The heater has to go on the side of container. Never on the bottom for pacmans.

Thread Information