Thread: Poe is looking good!

Jace

Default Poe is looking good!

I unearthed Poe, who was nicely buried in moist moss, for some pictures. I wonder if he or she is big enough to sex as of yet. About the size of my thumb. I included some pics to see what everyone thought-it looks like he is finally growing into his football sized head!! So...boy or girl?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Poe is looking good!

Adorable. Way too young to sex Jo. I thought you were working on that patience thing. I would hazzard a guess at her being female. The tympanum stays smaller than the eye in a female American Bullfrog. Sooooo... until it gets bigger than the eye....female is my bet.

Jace

Hey, I've been doing pretty good, you have to admit!! Lol. Okay, okay, I will wait a bit longer. Everyone here is hoping for a boy-smaller size and vocal-but I am just happy Poe is healthy and growing. Sigh....just can't wait to pass out blue or pink cigars is all.

lnaminneci

Poe looks GREAT!!! You are a good Momma!

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Hey, I've been doing pretty good, you have to admit!! Lol. Okay, okay, I will wait a bit longer. Everyone here is hoping for a boy-smaller size and vocal-but I am just happy Poe is healthy and growing. Sigh....just can't wait to pass out blue or pink cigars is all.
    Pass out yellow ones. Take it easy mom, she looks very healthy. I'm glad I'm not your man, everything gets fat around you

Jace

Yet I still keep my girlish figure! It's a gift, what can I say? Yellow cigars, eh? Usually when things turn yellow, you throw them out.....just saying.

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Yet I still keep my girlish figure! It's a gift, what can I say? Yellow cigars, eh? Usually when things turn yellow, you throw them out.....just saying.
    Hehehe.
    Great avatar by the way!

Jace

Thanks. Frogs and toads have just amazing eyes-my camera doesn't do it true justice. Poe probably didn't appreciate the flash in her (not sure if I can get used to calling it a girl if it is one!!) face, but I will feed her an extra cricket or two as thanks!

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Poe looks awesome Jace. Love your avatar also. Poe's got his eye on all of us.

pixiefrogman

Poe's looking great! I would also guess female. Poe is still a little young to accurately sex, but the eardrum to eye ratio matches female, and males usually have a more distinct ridge over their eardrum, and Poe's isn't very distinct. But keep putting more pics up of Poe, it's cool to see bullfrogs grow!

-TJ

Jace

Thank you Ebony! As per Paul's instructions, I've been trying to just leave Poe and Finn alone and let them grow. I mist them in the mornings, throw food in for them at night, and change their water dishes. Otherwise, I try and just let it be. Finn I see all the time as he is always roaming about and gets startled easily. Those pictures I took of Poe are the first time I have seen her in over a week. But the poop in the water dish tells me all is well.

TJ, thanks for the input. I am also leaning towards female now as well, though I guess it will be a few more months before we will know for sure. However, in the end, I am not that concerned about boy or girl. As long as she is healthy-that's the main thing. I hope she lives a long life with me....and doesn't try and eat any of my cats...or dogs!

Julia

I love how Poe's head is the same length as the rest of her(?) body! Gives her that distinct baby animal look! So cute!

Jace

Thanks! I'm glad her body has caught up to her head-she looked rather lopsided there for a while. Whew! lol

Thread Information