Thread: Treat with Epsom Salt or Maracyn?

Member needs to set country!

Default Treat with Epsom Salt or Maracyn?

My ACF is unwell but I'm not sure what to treat her with. I've been dosing the tank with lymnozyme as per the instructions, and I've bought (but not yet used) maracyn 2 and epsom salt.

She's very lethargic, refusing to eat and seems to be having difficulty swimming and balancing. I've also noticed a few very slight marks on her skin (mainly her legs). They're just little (a millimetre or 2) white/brown discoloured bits of skin and one of them sticks out a bit from her leg. They appear smooth like the rest of her skin. I'll try to add photos later. What should I treat her with and should I be separating her from the other 2 frogs in her tank (who seem completely fine)?

Extra background info: About 5 months ago, she completely stopped eating for about 6 weeks and lost a lot of weight. On a handful of occasions during that time, she also had issues staying at the bottom of the tank, and would float on her side or all the way up to the top of the tank. The vet examined her and said she looked and felt completely normal but gave her some antibiotics (Baytril) and food formula which I administered orally with a syringe. She'd just spit most of this out and it didn't do anything except stress her out more, but when I gave up on it after a few weeks, she relaxed and started to eat again. She's been doing fine since then and eating normally, with no other issues, but a couple of weeks ago I moved house and since then she's developed these new symptoms. She was fine for the first week after the move but she's had these symptoms for the past week.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: Treat with Epsom Salt or Maracyn?

just to add here for info: lymnozyme is not a CURE or a TREATMENT,

lymnozyme or koizyme now re-badged is purely an additive you choose whether its worthy; I will state again its not a CURE it's simply an additive to possibly help against productive bad bacteria(pathogens)

Thread Information