Thread: Inflated with pee... lol...

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Inflated with pee... lol...

If it were left to my pacman frog, I think he would do nothing other than bury himself.

Sometimes I find when he buries himself for a lengthy time, he'll inflate to gigantic proportions. Part of this is him just blowing himself up with air, but over time he seems to absorb lots of water from the media because lots of that volume appears to be pee.

Bathtime is when I scoop him out with a tablespoon (he'll still fit in a spoon) and introduce him to a warm water bath. Within a few minutes, usually, he'll pee so enormously that he deflates while he does it.

So I guess the bladder is a way to store water when they are buried.

I'm glad he isn't just absorbing water during bathtime and peeing it all out in his burrow hole. He's doing it the other way.

I had a whole month where this fellow would eat every day. And now, according to his majesty Cranwelli McNugget, we eat when we want, every other day or so.

His next meal is going to be the most gigantic cricket I can find. I think he is ready.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Inflated with pee... lol...

Seems like something that our pacman does too. I mean I switched him to mulch around two months ago and he's rounder and rounder... I thought that he was just eating a little too much, but now after reading this I'll give it a try and will bathe him tomorrow.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Inflated with pee... lol...

Ya they can take some big pees and poos that's for sure. Mine are adults and when they are in the bath and they pee you can literally hear it going against the bottom of the tub. And sometimes they go for so long if they were humans they could write there name in the snow 2xs before they ran out.

Thread Information