Thread: A Couple of Non Standard Questions

Nationality
    [United States]

Default A Couple of Non Standard Questions

I am working out the plans out for my first vivarium of poison dart frogs. My plan is purchase two Blue Poison dart from for an 18x18x18 Exo-Terra tank. We have recently moved & I think the frogs and plants would be a nice addition to our home. I have been visiting, reading, and watching videos from Josh's Frogs and this forum to start planning ahead.

1. Can loud noise affect the health of your frogs? I have a 9 year old kid and 3 dogs, and one of the possible location to place the tank is in our family room where we watch TV, play games, and work on hobbies. We aren’t normally a loud family, but it can get roudy sometimes. We are building a library upstairs, but any size tank won’t fit on the shelves. I would prefer to have them in the family room where we spend a lot of time, but I can find a spot in quieter place if need be.

2. It what ways can you help keep stable temperature & humidity in location where it can constantly change? I live in S. Indiana and we have a saying, “Don’t like the weather? Wait 24 hours.” My home has central AC & Heat but constant outside shifts can sometime have a noticeable effect in the house. Or am I just being overly concerned?
    Last edited by Sarouter; January 17th, 2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Not Finished

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information