Thread: My poor baby! Wouldn't eat...

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Blog Entries

Default My poor baby! Wouldn't eat...

I've had my little Pacman frog for all of 3 days. He's small, just larger than a quarter. I had an old reptile enclosure that I had thought would be perfect for him, it's about the size of a 20-gallon aquarium...give or take with sliding doors and ease of access. I had put the bedding in, coconut shavings shell thing with a touch of sand, just a little, and moistened it to just where you could clump it in the hand but couldn't squeeze any water out. I got the temp to around 26 C which is the recommended temperature and the humidity was at 70%. He had a few plants to hide behind and I had thought this would be ideal for him.

So 2.5 nearly 3 days passed and he hadn't ate a bite. Refused super worms and the crickets I offered. I'd nudge them near him and he wouldn't touch 'em. I'd walk away, leave him alone for a good while and come back to same cricket/worm crawling around. I grew beyond worried. I don't know if you can force feed the Pacman froggies and he was becoming extremely thin.

So I rushed out tonight and bought him a 5.5-gallon reptile tank with built in sliding lid. Quickly put it all together and put in the same decorations, same moisture and all...well humidity hadn't built but whatever. I placed him in and put a Super worm in front of him and no...he wouldn't eat it. I walked a few steps away feeling defeated turned and he ate it! I actually saw him eating it!

So...how do I get him to eat more? How can I get him nursed back to a plump frog. Mind you it might be a girl. Why did the size of the tank make a difference? Is there a way to force feed them if need be?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information