Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I have posted at a different forum when i was worried about my frog being impacted. I guess i owe an intro post here.

I'm from Missouri. I found my frog at school parking lot. Soon she was going to be run over by a car, so i saved her and built a vivarium/terrarium (still confused on which term to use ) for her. I built it from scratch three times with trial and errors and am not looking forward to doing it any more times this year. But next time I do it again i will put a background piece and more plants. It seems like everything inside is ok for now as it doesnt smell bad or anything.

I used gravel as the bottom layer using bigger rocks to cover any exposed gravel surface to prevent my dumb frog from eating them. With one corner open for pond effect, I put moss on top of the gravel layer after placing some plants. In pond is a running water filter to keep things clean. Then l put tree branches i got from petsmart to fill up space and provide room for the frog.

Some of plants died and i removed them. Elephant-ear plant has been growing taller and it's tip of stem under leaf is bent because the screen top is blocking. It's amazing how fast it grew. One day I leave for school in morning and come back at night to find it 3 inches taller!

Can i safely guess my frog to be a female gray tree frog?

What pH and nitrate levels should i be going for when I perform water tests?

Any suggestions and advices are welcome and greatly appreciated.

I cant figure out how to upload my jpg files here. It says theyre not valid jpg. Link to the pics of my setup and frog:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/d06FF

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Hi

Welcome to the forum. It would be great to get a more panoramic view of your setup. I can't advise on much because I just have 1 trio of frogs --I'm actually a gecko breeder.

Aliza

Thread Information