Thread: Fantasy Horned Frog Morph?

Default Fantasy Horned Frog Morph?

Hey guys,

Just snagged an awesome little Fantasy Horned Frog at a reptile expo this past weekend, and was wondering what species/morph it is. Almost looks like a Caatinga because it's a pretty bright green, but not sure: http://i.imgur.com/fvJ7IPt.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QlOAX3R.jpg

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Fantasy Horned Frog Morph?

Sweet pacman!

Take care on supplementing the crickets, they should not be white, just lightly dusted. This helps prevents hypervitaminosis

4. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Stunning little guy! Sorry, I can't help you identify the morph, but it is amazingly colored either way! I agree, just lightly dust its prey so that it doesn't get too little or too much calcium. Also, how about trying night-crawlers? They're highly nutritious, and here's an article about making them smaller for smaller animals: http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/worms2.shtml Thanks for reading!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Congrats on the new the frog, your right hes very green. Fantasy frogs are a mix of cranwelli x cornuta, there isn't a lot of people out there that have had a lot of success breeding Catingas. They are one of the really rare pacmans that you will know if they are the real deal because they wont be sold for very cheap, the only bigtime breeder I know of that has had success breeding these and was actually the first in America I believe is Robert mallioux at Sunfire Dragon Ranch. Yes there is probably others now but not many, not even the Frog ranch breeds them but from what I have read that's more of a mutual respect thing between The owner of The frog Ranch and this Robert mallioux guy that owns sunfire. The other morph I have heard of that is a cross between 2 species is the Orwells which is an ornate x cranwelli, there could be others though that I have never heard of. So If it was sold as a fantasy frog which it looks like it would be the Cranwelli X Cornuta, for the exact name of the colour morph I'm not sure there is so many different names. If you look up the frog ranch though he has some pictures of some of the morphs on his website with the names and you could find it there, And he is also one of the pioneers Of Horned frog breeding. He is actually the first one to be successful at breeding albino Horned frogs. I hope this helped abit and if you already knew all this disregard all my rambling.

7. This member thanks monster for this post:

Thread Information