Thread: Frog Advice Requested

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Frog Advice Requested

Hi all, thanks for this frog forum. I'm writing to seek your advice on a little frog project.

A small frog we've named Mr. Froggie has taken up residence in and around our pool. I've grown fond of him and would like to make him welcome. The problem of course is that I know close to nothing about frogs.

If I could let our pool go green with algae that would probably be enough. He's a small frog and I'm guessing he was eating algae before I cleaned up the pool. In any case, he was spending a lot of time in the pool or on the edge. He seemed to be having a good time.

But I have to add chlorine which kills the algae, and maybe Mr. Froggie too if I'm not careful. When I put chlorine in he stays out of the pool for a few days, and hangs out in a large tray of fresh water I've made available at the side of the pool.

I've purchased a small plastic kiddie pool, about 4 foot diameter by 1 foot deep. I've placed this on the pool deck and it's filling up with rain water. Not sure what to do next.

So, my goal is to create a frog friendly habitat on our pool deck so Mr. Froggie will have options when the pool is not to his liking. I welcome any and all advice, please assume I know nothing, for that is the case.

Many thanks!

PS: We're in north Florida.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Frog Advice Requested

Please forgive me for bumping my own thread, but on behalf of Mr. Froggie I thought I should try again.

If it helps to focus the question, what food should I make available for him, and how?

We rehab birds so we have lots of worms and crickets on hand. But it seems frogs will only eat live food. When I try to give him live worms they crawl away before he finds them. He has no interest at all in dead crickets. I fear he's slowing starving as he's retreated to a single plant and hasn't ventured out in days.

Thanks again for any input you can share, appreciated.

Default Re: Frog Advice Requested

there are really so many types of frogs. maybe you could post a pic? good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information