Thread: Need Advice Albino Pacman Dehydrated

Default Need Advice Albino Pacman Dehydrated

Let me start by saying that there are 0 qualified herp or amphibian vets in Georgia, there are a few exotic vets who can work with some reptiles, but not amphibians. Trust me we've looked everywhere.

We've had our Albino Pacman for about 7 months now and we've adored him, he's been a great addition to our family of 21 beautiful creatures, and we don't want to lose him. I came home yesterday at about 12:30 am from an all day trip to find he had burrowed between his water bowl and his heat mat that we got him to assist in his temperature. It came highly recommended that we do so although we've had friends and heard stories of people with bad experiences with heat mats. We put the water bowl directly above the heat mat with the water bowl being decently heavy, I was confident he couldn't burrow down there but as you can see I was wrong.

When I found him he was between his water dish and his heating pad, about a 1/3 of his normal size and brown all over. I rushed and got him a bowl with shallow warm water. Within 5 minutes he had regained most of his notmal color, still green , and had grew a little. He has his legs stuck out behind him and he periodically twitches them. He was inhaling and exhaling to the degree that you could see his organs one minute and then layers of fat the next. Every now and then he pulls his eyes in and stretches out making a fssssss sound similar to an air compressor dying out. The first time he did it it lasted over a minute, he wasn't breathing so we assumed the worse. Right as we gave up all hope and I comforted my fiance he popped his eyes back out and made the first croak he ever has made.

He's done so a few times since then and continues to scare us with the eye sucking and stretching out. He still has his legs stretched out behind him and doesn't seem to want to support himself. He seemed to have a heart attack last night later on. It has been almost 11 hours since i found him Any advice would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Need Advice Albino Pacman Dehydrated

I have heard of soaking frogs in a pedialyte/water solution but I have never done this and dont know the ratio?

Best of luck!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Need Advice Albino Pacman Dehydrated

If he is dehydrated you should go out and buy some UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE and prepare a bath at a 10 to 1 ratio. So for every 10 ounces of Luke warm de-chlorinated water add 1 ounce UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE. Make sure the bath is no deeper than half the height of the frog our up to its chin so it can't possibly drown. It must be UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE which is clear and it should say unflavored on the bottle. Normally this bath is for 20 minutes, but I would leave him in for 20 minutes or more. This will provide electrolytes to assist in hydration and give him a boost.

Thread Information