Thread: Reasonable feeding schedual?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Reasonable feeding schedual?

Normally I feed my two Whites a cricket a day for four days and then let them rest for three days. They seem okay, but I notice many people feed more than one cricket at a time. Is one schedule necessarily better than another? I don't think so, but I wanted to ask people in case I'm wrong.

2. This member thanks elly for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Reasonable feeding schedual?

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    Normally I feed my two Whites a cricket a day for four days and then let them rest for three days. They seem okay, but I notice many people feed more than one cricket at a time. Is one schedule necessarily better than another? I don't think so, but I wanted to ask people in case I'm wrong.
    Hi Elly, I have 4 whites tree frogs and I feed them 3/4 times a week. I always do multiple crickets when I feed, not one each, even if I hand feed them!

As long as your whites have the slight folds near their ears then they should be healthy but personally I would recommend bigger feeds than this!

from Hannah

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Wow no wonder mine are fat... We usually feed every other day. Until they eat no more, and whoo buddy some days they can really eat.

But then again we go through a little over 2000 crickets a week here.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I feed mine 2 times a week. They get 4 large crickets each. This way they do not get fat and they are energetic. I think the one a day might be good for young frogs, but as they get older I think they might need a couple every free to get enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

My trio of RETF are on the same schedule as the (50+) geckos so they get fed Mon, Wed, Fri with a handful of crickets in a very heavily planted tank. So far everyone is doing well.

Aliza

8. This member thanks acpart for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Good to know. Thanks everybody. My frogs look okay, with decent-sized earfolds but I think I'll upgrade to two crickets.

I try to get them eat 2 of 3 crickets every other day and always thought it wasn't enought...

Kristy, after how many crickets do yours stop eating?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Golden View Post
    I try to get them eat 2 of 3 crickets every other day and always thought it wasn't enought...

Kristy, after how many crickets do yours stop eating?
    Lmao im a boy. Krispy is because well.... fire bad... i got blowed up about 8yrs ago.

Sometimes our big one shemp eats 8-12

Lol its all good btw... grew up with all girl cousins. Always called me kissyfur... lol jerks

12. This member thanks Krispy for this post:

Nationality
    [Australia]

I don't think there is a right or a wrong schedule. If your frogs are a healthy weight and are defecating regularly, you're doing it right

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Jelly Bean (our midget adult) 2 medium-small crickets every other day; Lucy 3-4 medium crickets every other day; was throwing a handful of cricks in for Martha and Shirley every 2-3 days but I'm going back to hand feeding Martha 3-4 med-large every couple days and strictly monitoring Shirl's intake due to her digestive issues... she just cannot handle too many, too large, or too coarse prey. I'm giving her a couple of waxworms rolled in damp Reptaboost every couple days right now, tonight she also had a small cricket with the hind legs removed. Every time she eats too much, or gets large crickets with those big legs/wings, or dubia, she winds up passing bloody excrement so no more leaving anything to chance. Otherwise she seems to be fine and her normal self. As for Honey, I'd like the little booger to eat more, but I consider it lucky if he'll take one decent sized cricket every other day (I try to get him to take one every day). He fights me toe and hand every time... he will squawk at me, kick me with his hind legs, bat at the crickets with his front feet, and yesterday he jumped right on my face and stuck a foot in my mouth, UGH!! >_< But a lot of the time after all that he will finally open his mouth and I pop the cricket down his gullet then blow on his nostrils to make him swallow. It's hell, but I'm doing what I can for him. He's got more energy, and climbs and hops around at night more, since I've been keeping the crickets on a super pumped diet, but I worry about him using everything up and expending more energy than the calories he's taking in with refusing to eat more. Problem child... *sigh!*
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    Lmao im a boy. Krispy is because well.... fire bad... i got blowed up about 8yrs ago.

Sometimes our big one shemp eats 8-12

Lol its all good btw... grew up with all girl cousins. Always called me kissyfur... lol jerks
    Oups sorry, I read too fast!

Oh that's a lot, does he take a lot of time to eat them? Mines take several minutes between each.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thread Information